How it Feels to be a 5th Year at OU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

So, you chose to come back for your fifth-year of college, didn’t you?! You certainly are strong for doing so, because you are opting to sprint a hard victory lap to finally earn that golden degree. Maybe you’re staying longer to enjoy High Fest and liquor pitchers at Lucky’s once more. Or perhaps you’re just back to learn even more and are excited about earning one or more degree(s). Whatever the reason may be, you definitely deserve a pat on the back because you’ll inevitably go through all of this, this year…

1. Wishing you were a freshman again.

2. … Yet loving how much wiser you are than everyone on campus.

Let your SUPER-seniority lead the way!

3. Awkward first day of anything introductions.

4. Bar hops are invaluable.

Come on,’ come on’ and let me in!

5. … ‘Cause you know they’ll never happen again!

You can’t stop, and you won’t stop! #WordsofMiley

6. However, you sometimes feel like you’re a little old for that life…

Keeping up is getting a little bit harder than usual…

7. So wine night at home is your cup of tea!

Even if it’s just Barefoot or Yellowtail. We all understand you can’t afford anything else right now.

8. Meanwhile, you find yourself checking LinkedIn…

You know, just getting a taste the real world VIRTUALLY!

9. Like, all the time!

To “congratulate” everyone on his or her new job.

10. All your fourth-year pals are making it big!

Sally Who is now the CEO of her own company, Joe Shmo might become the EIC of The Times … Whatever, who cares? Well, um, you do ‘cause…

11. Their Instagram-ed meals…

Those New Yorkers and Chicagoans sure know how to brunch!

12. Like, look at the meals you still have to eat!

They’re totally unsubstantial! Somehow you still survive off of them.

13. Besides, even all the freshmen get to eat better than you do.

Your flex-meal plan is way past expired now.

14. Maybe you’re always meant to be in school…

15. … Or maybe you’re meant to be in the real world.

London, Paris or even Tokyo, your life will be going on somewhere in the future!

16. So this year you’ll study harder than ever!

It’s your final stretch! Go for the gold!

17. ‘Cause you know that you’ll have a cap on your head very, very soon!

Just keep swimming, you know that your day is coming. Because in the end you will graduate, so hang in there!

GIFS provided by giphy.com

Sophia Borghese is a Strategic Communications major at Ohio University. She is always excited to write stuff for Her Campus.  Sophia has writen for her university's fashion magazine, Thread, for over three years, and loves to write beauty related articles the most. Many of the makeup looks in the magazine are done by her as well. Most people associate her with bright lipstick, and her Instagram account Sophia Makeup Artistry. She loves to stalk great makeup artists, read up on the latest beauty trends and shop at Sephora whenever she can.  Alongside her interests in beauty, she is obsessed with sushi, pugs, Madonna and her favorite band Incubus.  Professionally speaking, she wants to continue to be a makeup artist, and work as a freelance beauty writer while partaking in the beauty PR world. 
Paige is a student studying Journalism, Social Media, and Women's Studies at Ohio University. She is actively involved with Her Campus Ohio U and Thread Magazine. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @paige__rochelle (two underscores!)