How To: Cute and Comfy for Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Many girls have closets and dresser drawers filled with stylish articles of clothing, yet these gorgeous garments rarely see the light of day. If you are anything like me, you would love to dress up more often, but you are always lured into wearing a t-shirt and a warm, cozy pair of sweatpants. Wouldn’t it be nice to look cute for class or other everyday events?

Luckily for all of the ladies that long to look cute for school yet despise the thought of leaving their comfort zone, there are so many ways to showcase their personalities through their clothes without sacrificing comfort.

No one can deny that leggings are extremely comfortable. Combine a patterned pair of leggings with canvas sneakers, a graphic tee, stud earrings, and a statement backpack and you are ready to take notes in class and take numbers from campus cuties.

If the weather permits, a casual dress is never a bad idea. Dresses (with the exception of formfitting body-cons) are allow for perfect flowing movement. A pair of ballet flats are comfortable to walk in and very cute. To complete the look, simple jewelry such as stud earrings and a watch work into the outfit perfectly and are not irritating. Don’t forget a printed backpack to add variety to the outfit and to hold your books.

Jean shorts are often pretty comfortable, but wearing a pair that is colored or printed easily adds excitement to any outfit. A button-up chiffon shirt is loose-fitting and comfy. The look can be enhanced with a necklace and earrings. Gladiator sandals are easy to walk around in, yet they do not sacrifice style. A backpack with a pop of color is visually appealing and very practical for a girl walking from class to class.

Did you take good notes? The test is tomorrow…wear a cute-and-comfy outfit to class. You will know you aced this assessment when you feel comfortable, confident, and stylish. 

***Story by Paige Bennett***