This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

After the journey back from winter break, many students unpacked and prepared for a new semester but may have forgotten the important event happening that Sunday–the Golden Globes! If you missed the show, you’re in luck! The team here at Her Campus Ohio U watched and will get you caught up! 

Let’s begin with the red carpet. All of our favorite stars arrived and did not disappoint. Some personal favorites include: Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture, Anne Hathaway in Chanel, Jessica Alba in Oscar De La Renta (minus the clutch), Naomi Watts in Zac Posen, Zooey Deschanel in Oscar De La Renta and Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy. One lady who was not so impressive: Halle Berry in Versace. Though her hair and makeup looked stunning as always, the dress seemed a little too senior prom for us. Then there’s Sienna Miller in Erdem. We appreciate the risk and the art of the dress, but it was just a little too playful for the Globes. Lastly, Lucy Liu in a floral ball gown by Carolina Herrera still has us stumped. We love the risk she took wearing the bold print, but was it appropriate for the occasion? We’ll give it a “I can’t decide.” To see these looks check out our Pinterest page!

Now, let’s dive deep into the ceremony and discuss some of our favorite moments. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler proved they’re still comedic geniuses. Their opening monologue was perfection. Only those two ladies can make jokes about some serious controversies while making the entire room laugh. We’re referring to their jokes about Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow’s marriage to James Cameron and the drama surrounding the torture scenes in the movie. Another brilliant dig by the ladies: when they said Anne Hathaway was used to doing scenes alone–just look at her Oscar hosting experience. 

Of course, we can’t talk about the Globes without bringing up Jodie Foster’s speech. It was brave and unexpected, that’s for sure. She discussed her displeasure with the publicity celebrities receive today, her sexual orientation and possible retirement soon? All together the speech was beautiful, brave and inspirational. Another memorable acceptance speech was given by Jennifer Lawrence. Her fame keeps rising, and we keep falling more and more in love with this girl! At the beginning of her speech, she said, “I beat Meryl!” No, she wasn’t dissing the legend that is Meryl Streep; she was quoting First Wives Club. The Twitterverse missed this reference and wasn’t too happy with her, including Lindsay Lohan.  

Some of the best moments were released after the show aired. One of our personal favorites was the sour face Taylor Swift gave after Adele beat her for Best Original Song. Can we blame her? The girl is used to winning. The after parties beckoned big stars of the night as well! At the Weinstein Company party, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens and Sarah Hyland looked absolutely stunning! A+ girls. All we can hope is that Ricky Gervais is out and Fey and Poehler are in! 

Visit the Golden Globes’ website for a full list of winners!

Taylor is a graduate of Ohio University and former Co-Editor of Her Campus' OU branch. She would like to eventually work in the publishing industry with hopes of living in New York, San Francisco or Seattle. In her free time, Taylor enjoys reading, volunteering, or hitting up the most hipster joints in town.