Getting Over The Guy You Never Dated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Going through a breakup can be hard, but what about getting over a guy you never actually dated? A breakup is typically caused from an actual problem that one or both parties in the relationship deals with. When a guy stops talking to you for an unknown reason or decides they do not want a relationship with you, it may be even harder to handle than an actual breakup. Here are 6 tips to help you get over the guy who you never dated:

1. Accept it

The best way to get over a relationship that was never a relationship is to accept that it is not going to happen. It is a hard thing to do, but accepting that things are not going to work out will make the entire situation much easier to handle.

2. Remove them from your life

While you can continue to stay friends and be cordial with each other, it is in your best interest to remove them from many aspects of your life, such as social media. You are less likely to be constantly thinking about them if you do not see what they post online.

3. Talk to friends for support

This may not be the typical breakup, but your friends will always be there to support you. Do not be afraid to ask for help and advice.

4. Have an empowering day

Take a day to “Treat Yo’ Self” and get your nails done, use a face mask and eat a pint of ice cream. This will help you become rejuvenated and ready to move on.

5. Realizing your own self worth

There is nothing wrong with you and until this is realized it will be hard to move on. Under most circumstances, it is not your fault that this happened. They are missing out on an amazing person and you deserve so much better.

6. Move on

Finally, move on and talk to someone new. 

It is never fun losing someone who you thought you had a chance with. Take this as a sign that they were not the right person and that someone even better is waiting for you down the line. With these tips, you will be back on your feet and moving on in no time!

(All photos courtesy of Giphy)  

A senior at Ohio University, Hannah Moskowitz is majoring in the news and information journalism track at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. During her time there, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for Her Campus. In her free time, she writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com. When she's not writing, she loves to paint, hammock with friends and take care of her plants.