Gettin’ Techy with it: iOS 7 Release Set for Sept. 18th

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Mark your calendars for September 18th! Or don’t, because your iPhone will be sure to remind you that iOS 7 will be ready for the masses. Apple execs announced at an event on September 10th that the upgrade will be available for anyone with an iPhone 4, 4s, or 5, as well as the iPad 2, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, and 5th generation iPod touch.

Some major changes can be expected with this new operating software. Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, said at the September 10th event that “iOS 7 is the biggest change to iOS since the introduction to iPhone.” One of the largest of these changes will be the design, including new colors and a revamped weather app. Improvements in shortcuts and app-management styles are also being added. You will now be able to pull up a control board with toggles for wifi, bluetooth, and more, just by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. A bird’s-eye view will allow you to get a preview of what’s going on in each open app. 

A few other things to look forward to include a built-in flashlight app, a Siri makeover (a male voice is being added – I’m hoping for one with an Australian accent!), and filters to beautify pictures straight from the camera. 

Fret not, however, because Apple stuck with the familiar user interface we all know and love, with all app icons still located on the home screen. 

Hello all! I'm a freshman Journalism major at Ohio University - goooooo Bobcats! I love my cats, my dog, my boyfriend, and the beach.