Get to know OUr spring staff!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

A new semester means new members! Get to know our crazy, awesome staff – we meet Mondays at 5 p.m. in Bentley 025. Join us, we’d love to have you!

Brooklynn Kramer, sophomore

What’s your major? Communication Studies

What are you looking forward to most? I love spring semester because of the fests and warmer weather!

Goals for the semester? My goals are to get a 3.75 GPA or higher, make more friends, and become more involved!

Abby Gryzik, junior

What’s your major? Double major in Journalism (Strategic Communication) and Spanish

What are you looking forward to most? Choreographing a hip hop dance again for Greek Week.

Goals for the semester? Obtain a summer internship, write and blog as much as possible, pass my OPI language exam, and become a dedicated yogi. :)

Paige Bennett, sophomore

What’s your major? Journalism, News and Information

What are you looking forward to most? I’m looking forward to learning really interesting information in my classes this semester. I am also looking forward to warmer weather!

Goals for the semester? My goals for this semester are to do well in all of my classes and to try some new things. (Maybe I’ll taste new foods, or maybe I’ll go to new places?!)

Emma Schoonmaker, freshman

What’s your major? Strategic Communication

What are you looking forward to most? I am most looking forward to Fest Season!

Goals for the semester? My goals for this semester are to earn a 4.0 and to exercise every day!

Emily Daffron, junior

What’s your major? Journalism

What are you looking forward to most? Sibs Weekend and watching my HCOU staff learn and grow!

Goals for the semester? Survive. And get all A’s!                 

Heidi Kranz, sophomore

What’s your major? Public Relations

What are you looking forward to most? Looking forward to losing 20 pounds and looking like Mila Kunis and then ending up with some guy who is more than half decent and probably marrying him before we start having babies, this is where I gain about 40 pounds back, but then I will be a dedicated mom and business woman who ends world hunger. Yeah, I got a lot to look forward to.

Goals for the semester? My goal for spring semester is to act like I know what I’m doing while maintaining good grades, working a job, being awesome to my friends, preparing myself for an internship, and not have to go to a psychiatrist by May 1st. :)

Taylor Stano, junior 

What’s your major? Journalism, news and information track. I’m also pursuing a marketing minor and a social media ceritficate.

What are you looking forward to most? I am looking forward to fest season and the warm weather that will come with it. 

Goals for the semester? Get healthy and fit! I’m training for my half marathon that’s in May! 

Kellyanne Stitts, freshman

What’s your major? Broadcast Journalism

What are you looking forward to most? I am looking forward to being on TV one day and spending the next four years at the most amazing school, Ohio University.

Goals for the semester? My goals for spring semester are to maintain a GPA of a 3.5 at least, and to try every fitness class Ping has to offer.

Dottie Kramer, sophomore

What’s your major? Journalism Major, Fashion minor

What are you looking forward to most? I’m looking forward to getting all my gen ed’s done at the end of this semester.

Goals for the semester? My goal for spring semester is to run my second half marathon!

Casey Funtal, sophomore

What’s your major? CommunicationWhat are you looking forward to most? I am looking forward to getting involved in my major and in Ohio university.

Photo courtesy: somerby.com

Emily is a junior and HCOU's campus correspondent and editor in chief! Check her out on Twitter, @edafffffron (five f's).