The FOMO That Comes With Missing a Fest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Fests are like a rite of passage at Ohio University. When you go, you’ll have all kinds of experiences, hang out with many of your friends, and meet tons of people.

Sometimes, you plan on festing with the best, but end up not being able to. For whatever reason that you’ve decided to call off a fest, (you might be sick, you might have had too much the night before or perhaps something came up) you’re bound to experience some major FOMO for sure. In fact, it is likely that one (or all) of these things will happen to you in the span of time which you’re not there:

1. See if you can down a few sips just to remind yourself that you’re too sick.

Ouch! Liquor is TOO acidic for this sore throat. :/  

2. Check people’s stories on Snapchat.

How crazy is it right now?

3. Binge eat your guiltiest pleasure.

Might as well prepare my liver for anything…

4. Watch unlimited YouTube vids.

What would it be like to fest with Ingrid Nilsen or Joey Graceffa?

5. You’ll try to figure out the night proceeding.

I’m going to get lit off of tea and honey just so I can actually make it out tonight.

6. Snapchat, but not posting anything.

If you dare, no one will care!

7. Try to study for school.

But who’d actually do that anyway? Aren’t some professors secretly festing too?

8. Refresh your Instagram feed.

OMG, like, everyone is having more fun than me.

9. Text a friend to see where they are, even though the fest is pretty much already shut down.

Not texting back, alright… #Sigh

10. Take a nap.

Just forget it, Reality. I’m sick, so I’m going to forget about you!

11. Try to create something.

Would Mark Zuckerberg (or insert any creatively famous person here) be at Palmer right now if he went to OU?

12. Go on Snapchat.

Better see everyone pet a horse, or else!

13. More Snapchat.

Wait, where are all my exes at right now?

14. Oh yeah, check Snapchat… AGAIN!

Okay, I have FOMO fo realz!

15. Try not to cry.

Don’t fret if this day in time has happened to you (or will happen to you) — there are plenty of other amazing fests awaiting your attendance!

Sophia Borghese is a Strategic Communications major at Ohio University. She is always excited to write stuff for Her Campus.  Sophia has writen for her university's fashion magazine, Thread, for over three years, and loves to write beauty related articles the most. Many of the makeup looks in the magazine are done by her as well. Most people associate her with bright lipstick, and her Instagram account Sophia Makeup Artistry. She loves to stalk great makeup artists, read up on the latest beauty trends and shop at Sephora whenever she can.  Alongside her interests in beauty, she is obsessed with sushi, pugs, Madonna and her favorite band Incubus.  Professionally speaking, she wants to continue to be a makeup artist, and work as a freelance beauty writer while partaking in the beauty PR world. 
Paige is a student studying Journalism, Social Media, and Women's Studies at Ohio University. She is actively involved with Her Campus Ohio U and Thread Magazine. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @paige__rochelle (two underscores!)