Elegance At The Emmys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.
Glamour is always abundant during awards show season, and the 65th annual Emmy Awards surely didn’t disappoint.  With styles by Vera Wang, Marchesa, Alexander McQueen, Escada, and Oscar De La Renta there were bound to be some stand out looks.  So naturally, we must break down the break out looks of the Emmys.
1.  Kaley Cuoco

She plays the lovable girl-next-door on The Big Bang Theory, but she certainly spiced it up a bit in her burgundy Vera Wang gown. The constructed bodice and cut crease eyeshadow look contrasted perfectly with her loosely waved hair.  Everything about this look is impeccably styled.  

2. Sarah Hyland

The Emmys seemed to have a hyper contrast between dark and light tones and opting for the darker side of things, Sarah Hyland killed it in her Carolina Herrera dress.  Green tones always stand out on a red carpet, and not always in a good way, but she was stunning.
3.  Christina Hendricks

Christina Hendricks is quite often a perfect representation of old hollywood glamour, this look is no exception.  Her Christian Siriano dress fit like a glove.  The subtle teal green accessories are the finishing touch to an effortless glam look.
4.  Rocsi Diaz

Yet another gorgeous jewel toned dress.  Designed by Michael Costello, this gown was beautiful.  By imitating natural forms the dress flowed with her body.  She kept the look simple with nude shoes and nails letting her dress do all the talking.

5.  Brooke Burke

Brooke Burke looked fantastic in her structured monochrome dress.  The delicate lines helped to elongate her figure and add visual interest.  We could have done without the ‘travel boom box’ bag though, but we’ll let it slip this time. 
6.  Lena Headey
Game of Thrones star Lena Headey shows us a classy way to do see-through.  The slightly geometric lace on the Alessandra Rich dress is scandalous, but still PG-13.  Simple pops of accessories, the white pumps and crystal ring, break up the vampy look in the best way.  

7.  Taylor Schilling 

Stunning in an almost pearlescent white Thakoon gown, Taylor Schilling gave us chills at this past Sunday.  She looked like a modern Marilyn with her simple red lip and neutral eyes.  She certainly is making us think “White is the New Black” after this ensemble.

8.  Jewel

It’s always a pleasant sighting to see Jewel all glammed up at an event.  Her rosy, jeweled dress flowed like a dream.  She kept up with the familiar trend of old hollywood reminiscent styling, and naturally it looked spot-on.

9.  Emilia Clarke 

Strange as it is to see Emilia not sporting her white locks as Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones, she still looks fantastic.  We love that she paired a severe hairstyle with an uber feminine and ethereal silhouette.  The metallic belt defines the Donna Karan Atelier dress and adds a bit of flare to the classy look.

10.  Rose Byrne

Rose Byrne took her name as a queue for her fashion at the Emmys.  All rose everything.  The warm tones across the whole look keeps everything fabulously uniform, and the epitome of class.  She spices it up with a bit of skin showing and some silver pieces and she’s golden..more or less.

There we have it.  Ten of the best looks of this years Emmy Awards.  Trends ranged from jewel tones to monochrome and everything in between.  One thing’s for sure, we can’t wait for the next awards shows to come around so we can see more fierce fashions!

Junior Journalism major and Junior editor at Ohio University.