This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.
Name: Courtney True
Year: Junior, Class of 2015

Major: Web Design

Student Organization Involvement: OUMS, Delta Gamma 

What is your job exactly?: I’m a student librarian assistant, so I check in books or check out books to patrons, or help with any kind of assistance that they need, basically.  I can study and work at the same time, so it’s nice. 

Have you noticed more students coming to study for finals?: Oh yeah, it gets crazy, we had a stampede this morning when we opened the doors.  

What’s something different about your job during finals week?: I think that there’s more of a rush because there are so many students, but it kind of slows down because they’re more focused on studying and not checking out books.  They already have the materials that they need. The big difference is the book drop because everyone’s returning their books at the same time.

Why did you choose OU?: They have the program I wanted, and it’s pretty! It was amazing when I came to visit.

Anything else you would like us to know about you?: I’m Canadian. I have a green card so I’m not technically a citizen, but I am legal! I grew up here basically, but I try to go back there as often as possible.  

Meredith is a junior at Ohio University and Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Ohio U. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. Her hobbies include dreaming about traveling, drinking unhealthy amounts of coffee, and driving her pink car. You can follow her on Twitter (@Mere_Broadwater) and Instagram (@meredithbroad).
Junior Journalism major and Junior editor at Ohio University.