This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

I recently went to a Maroon 5 concert thinking I had the worst seats in the arena, little did I know they were probably the best seats I have ever had. I bought the tickets for my boyfriends Christmas presents. I felt bad because the tickets were the only ones I could afford and they were in the nosebleed section.  

On our way to the concert, I kept hoping that he would have a good time and not care where the seats were. When we arrived, we went through security, I pulled up the tickets, and we went up the escalator. We walked around the floor we were on and took a peek at the merchandise. We got to our section and started climbing up the steep stairs. I saw the letters and row M was missing, I looked up and it was the very top row. I felt so bad but my boyfriend just laughed. When we got up there and found our seats, he was sitting in the spot by the stairs so was happy because he got leg room.

The concert started on time with Julia Michaels. Who knew that girl wrote most of Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber’s big hit songs? I didn’t know. She sang for half an hour. Then, Maroon 5 made their memorable entrance. Their opening video was from the first scene of “Back To The Future” where Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) turned the amp into overdrive & strummed his electric guitar. When Marty McFly strummed the guitar that is when Maroon 5 started playing and went right into singing “What Lovers Do”. I was speechless and forgot about where I was standing. During the concert, they sang all of their hits from “Sunday Morning” to “Girls Like You”.

The whole concert was amazing. The audience was so attentive and engaging. Everyone in the stadium was singing along to the songs and dancing. The lights were synced with the music, and the stage was a V for five. Where we were standing started to matter less as the concert went on. You could see everything on the stage, and the whole arena. It doesn’t matter where you buy your tickets because no matter where you are sitting, you will still be at the concert and singing along to the songs.

Abi is currently a sophomore at Ohio University. When she is not writing, she can be found working, binging shows on Netflix, or hanging out with her nephews.