College Fashion Week: Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

After a 16 hour drive and an hour standing in line, I finally walked through the doors of The Estate in Boston. I took my awesome bag filled with free stuff from sponsors of Her Campus (TRESemmé, boohoo.com, BareMinerals by Bare Escentuals and Premium Outlets) and wandered around the club, checking out as much as I could before the show started.

Photo credit: Alyssa Greenberg Photography

There was a TRESemmé station where attendees could get their hair done by professional stylists. There was a boohoo.com station that allowed girls to check out some of their latest styles. My favorite spot was the Bare Escentuals station. I stood in line for a while, but I was color matched and given a full-size foundation and makeup brush for free (nothing makes me happier than free stuff!).

Photo credit: Paige Bennett

The fashion show consisted of three scenes: Imperial, Brooklyn Princess, and Woodlanders.

Photo Credit: Alyssa Greenberg Photography

The Imperial scene was all about urban elegance. The styles had a military look and neutral hues. My favorite piece in this scene was the Deana Jogger, which are jogger pants with an abstract camouflage print.

The Brooklynn Princess scene was just as you would imagine: a lot of street style and the color pink. There was a beautiful fur coat, the Aimee Coat, and insanely tall heels in this scene. My favorite piece in was definitely the T-shirt that read, ‘Always Dress As If You’re Going To See Your Ex.’

The final scene, Woodlanders, included earth tones, varied patterns, and warm textures. I loved the Rena Gilet fur vest and the Kara blouse, which was a burnt orange top with a bird pattern.

Between scenes, local college performers showcased their talents. There was tap dancing, a capella, and Bollywood dancers. Between the models and the performers, the audience was amazed with all of the talent that these college students possessed.

Possibly the best thing about this fashion show is that all of the clothes in the fashion show are available at boohoo.com and are affordable, even for college students. I also received a discount code to apply toward a purchase, and shipping is free after $40 is spent.

Attending College Fashion Week was an incredible experience and I would definitely recommend anyone who is involved with Her Campus or interested in fashion to attend.

Paige is a student studying Journalism, Social Media, and Women's Studies at Ohio University. She is actively involved with Her Campus Ohio U and Thread Magazine. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @paige__rochelle (two underscores!)