Coachella Fashion Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Twice a year, people from all over the country flock to Indio California for the three-day music festival Coachella. Spending the weekend in a desert can be tricky, but that is no excuse not to look your best. At Coachella, there’s no reason not to break out your floral headband, throw on your best maxi and embrace those natural locks. Here are some fashion inspirations from some of our favorite celebrities. 

Mixed Lengths: 

Our favorite Pretty Little Liar looks amazing in a Brandy Melville Kariely Maxi Skirt paired with a Kimchi Blue Festival Tank Top. This perfect mix of lengths, the long pattern on the maxi and the short crop top, makes this the ultimate way to stay cool while on a desert. Lucy’s Ecote Patterned Collage Backpack is the best way to add a boho feel to your look and hold all your belongings at the same time. If you’re daring enough, throw on a large floral headband or even make your own. 

Daring in Print:

This look is for our risk takers. Katy Perry really knows what’s on trend and isn’t afraid of a challenge. She rocked this fun Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2013 crop top and Moon Print mini skirt. It’s the ultimate way to reflect your wild (stylish) side. The ASOS Popular Platforms are neutral and don’t distract from the killer ensemble. Add a fun bag and some simple sunglasses, but don’t go over board on accessories. The outfit does all the talking you need. 
Effortless Chic:

One of our favorite leading ladies never disappoints us when it comes to fashion. This woman has mastered the skill of looking flawless without any effort. Her time at Coachella was no exception. A simple, loose-fitting white tank and a pair of dark, distressed skinny jeans gives the effortless look. Her chunky necklace, thick sunglasses and loose waves make her look chic and pulled together. We’re still waiting for the day this girl doesn’t look like a goddess. 

The Boho Queen: 

Vanessa Hudgens, hands down, is our winner for best Coachella style. This girl knows how to work her inner bohemian queen. Her Milk the Goat White Rock V Top and Newport lace shorts completely embrace the Coachella spirit. Throw on some gladiator sandals (or stay true to real Coachella fashion and go barefoot) and an abundance of turquoise and silver jewelry and you’ll have this look down. Add some wild curls, John Lennon sunglasses and an oversized floral headband—it’s a must. Once all of this done, you’re 100% Coachella ready. Side note, though, we can do without the bindi. We highly doubt she wore it for religious reasons, but overall job well done.

Now that you have some celebrity inspiration, save up for next year’s festivities. In the mean time, try out some of these looks this summer. They’re the perfect way to stay cool while not sacrificing style. 
Junior Journalism major and Junior editor at Ohio University.