This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Do you want to look your best for an upcoming interview or professional event? Here are a couple of my favorite places to shop for business attire on and around campus that won’t break the bank!

Uptown Costumes – Court Street

If you think of Uptown Costumes as being a place for parties, Halloween, and other various costume-wearing occasions, you would be right. However, it is so much more than that! This store offers a wide variety of clothing, including business attire such as suits, blouses, button-downs, dress pants, dress shoes, and more. The best part of it is that it’s a thrift store, so you are almost guaranteed to find a great deal on whatever you’re looking for. Also, if you need something for just one event and don’t want to commit to buying, they offer rentals on some items. Plus, the convenience of it being right by campus makes it a quick and easy stop before or after class.

Athens Underground – Court Street

Right at the end of Court Street and down a set of stairs lies one of Athens’s best thrift stores, Athens Underground. This store offers a wide array of vintage clothing that just can’t be beaten. They have various sections of clothes, and it is my go-to place for vest and blouse shopping for that vintage business look. If you are going for that 1980s girl boss look, this is the store for you! Also, you just cannot beat the sales rack just outside the front door, often offering clothes for $5 or less. These clothes may often have a few imperfections, but for that price, it’s nothing a little needle and thread or some stain remover can’t solve.

OU Career Closet – Baker center (ace)

Do you need business clothes, but don’t have the extra money to spend on them (it can be SO expensive)? Look no further than the OU Career Closet on the fourth floor of Baker, in the Center for Advising, Career, and Experiential Learning. This is a small closet of donated clothing that offers students an opportunity to find business attire for free, and you get to keep it! It is truly a fantastic resource open to all students, so take advantage!

I am a Sophomore majoring in marketing and business analytics with a minor in PR and advertising. I am excited to be writing for HerCampus and sharing my thoughts with y’all! Some fun facts about me are that I enjoy crocheting, watching movies, music, thrifting, theater, and pretty much everything tbh. Happy reading😘😘