jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Celebrities Who Lie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

The internet is in an uproar over Kendall Jenner. In her latest photo-shoot with Vogue España, she posed as a ballerina.

(Photo courtesy of pbs.com)

Scandalous, right? People are saying this photo-shoot is offensive because Vogue España photographed Kendall Jenner and not an actual ballerina. Even Abby Lee of Dance Moms expressed her outrage.

How dare someone dress up as something they’re not? I mean, it’s not like we don’t have an entire holiday dedicated to it. While we’re criticizing Kendall Jenner for not being a professional ballerina, let’s also take the time to look at others who are pretending to be someone they’re not.

(Photo courtesy of the torontosun.com)

1. Kiera Knightly played soccer star Jules in Bend it Like Beckham. She admitted that she played soccer in high school, but why did they turn to this award winning actress to play this character?

(Photo courtesy of autostraddle.com)

2. And what about these girls who played mermaids on the show H20? I have a hard time believing that they’re actually the magical water creatures they’re portrayed as.

(Photo courtesy of vingette4.com)

3. Kate Upton dressed up as a lifeguard for her photo-shoot with GQ. I mean, has she ever been a lifeguard? That outfit doesn’t seem very life-saving appropriate.

(Photo courtesy of images.complex.com)

4. And can we talk about Johnny Depp portraying a pirate? I mean, you can’t just give someone a pirate costume and all of a sudden they become a pirate.

(Photo courtsy of dapsmagic.com)

5. Meet Bruce the mechanical shark from Jaws. Bruce was not a real shark but instead was completely mechanical. I guess Steven Spielberg didn’t want to go out into the ocean to find a real shark. So instead he settled for this imposter.

(Photo courtesy of theoctobercountry.files.wordpress.com/)

6. And of course we have OneDirection who posed as sailors for the music video “Kiss Me.”

(Photo courtesy of http://assets7.capitalfm.com/)

7. Remember when Katy Perry dressed up as Cheeto? I can guarantee you that this was offensive to all real Cheetos out there.

(Photo courtesy of lovebscott.com)

8. And lastly here’s a picture of me pretending to be Rosie the Riveter. And I was not even around in the 1940s.  Sorry if I insulted you Rosie. Please forgive me. 

(Photo courtesy of Allie Haddad) 

Ohio University Class of 2018 | Psychology major West Virginia native now living in Athens. I love traveling, eating junk food and quoting The Office. You'll probably find me yelling at a TV while watching football. 
Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!