This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

After Bryson Tiller’s hit songs “Don’t”, “Exchange”, and “Right My Wrongs” released in 2015, Tiller vanished from the music scene for 5 years. Despite his “True to Self” album in 2017 that proved to go unnoticed by the majority of the public, Tiller ghosted the world until last year in 2020. In 2020 Tiller released his third album “ANNIVERSARY” which shocked the public and hit the charts with his feature with Drake in “Outta Time”.

Tiller later writes that his writers block, his fear of failure, and the death of his grandmother contributed to his 5-year hiatus, but he is ready to return to the music industry better than ever. During his recent reappearance to music, he has already collaborated with Jack Harlow, DJ Khaled, H.E.R, KYLE, DJ Snake, Summer Walker, Drake, and Big Sean, and he is currently in the process in making his 4th studio album. His break from social media and the music industry is a clear indicator that taking a step back due to mental health reasons can have a positive impact on your life.

In recent news, Tiller spontaneously announced that he was releasing a Christmas EP inspired by Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande’s albums before his 4th album. Yesterday on November 19, 2021, Tiller released his EP, and not going to lie, it is kind of good. It includes features from Poo Bear, Justin Bieber, Kiana Lede and up-in-coming artists like Tayla Parx and Halo. “A DIFFERENT CHRISTMAS” is about spending the holiday’s alone and that it is ok to be present in yourself. Tiller takes a different spin on these Christmas songs and he includes the various meanings holidays have for people.

I still have a lot of time to fully enjoy the piece, but these 7 songs are sure to hit the charts as the holidays come closer. Personally, I am ecstatic to see Tiller regain his confidence in music and I have enjoyed seeing him on the charts with other major artists. As someone who has been a fan since 2015, I am looking forward to seeing where this year goes for him and how the public will react to this new Christmas piece. If you are a Christmas fan, an R&B fan, or a fan in general, I would totally recommend giving this EP a listen to get into the holiday spirit!

Lily Biros is the Vice President Co-Campus Correspondent at Ohio University. She is a senior student majoring in Strategic Communication at E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. She enjoys writing, eating, and rollerblading and is the Vice President for the Asian American Pacific Islander Student Union (AAPI).