Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Best Sex Anthems Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Aries 3/21-4/20: “Howlin’ For You” – The Black Keys

Aries are giant balls of energy, love, and passion who are undeniably initiators. They act first and think later, perfectly exemplified in the lyrics “I must admit, I can’t explain, Any of these thoughts racing through my brain, It’s true but baby, I’m howlin’ for you”.

Taurus 4/21-5/21: “Heavy” – POWERS

Those born under this sign are ruled by Venus, meaning they are incredibly sensual to touch and taste in particular, which this underrated bop is accurately describing. Tauruses also attempt to remain grounded in their relationships, drawing significance in the lyrics, “But I cannot control, Losing control, I can’t control it if I tried to”.

Gemini 5/22-6/22: “Strange Love” – Halsey

Geminis are curious and in constant need of intellectual stimulation so when a partner is both communicative and physically attractive, nothing else matters. The lyrics, “They think I’m insane, they think my lover is strange, But I don’t have to f*king tell them anything, anything” will connect with them.

Cancer 6/22-7/22: “From Eden” – Hozier

Cancers are easily the most emotional sign and tend to value loving and giving their all, over the emotional consequences of doing so. Easily the slowest song on this playlist, “From Eden” focuses more on romance, with sexual undertones like, “I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door,” referencing the Cancer being the snake in the biblical Eden.

Leo 7/23-8/21: “Blow Your Mind (Muah)” – Dua Lipa

Leos are bright and passionate creatures who love being treated like royalty. This no-nonsense kind of attitude calls for blunt conversations and frequent thoughts of, “If you don’t like the way I talk, then why am I on your mind?” and, “Tell me I’m too crazy, You can’t tame me, can’t tame me.” And Dua Lipa is a Leo herself!

Virgo 8/22-9/23: “Call Me” – Kali Uchis

Virgos are very straightforward and change-centric individuals but need others to initiate intimate interactions to allow their hard exterior to be broken. Once that is down, however, there is no loyalty like a Virgo’s commitment to their partner. As a certified Virgo, I connect the most with the lyrics, “When you feel blue and like nobody got you, I will stay by you, It ain’t too late, but there ain’t time to wait, We can escape.”

Libra 9/24-10/23: “Toothbrush” – DNCE

While loving and genuine, Libras hate being alone and tend to subconsciously search far and wide with their sexual interactions to find a deep and meaningful relationship. This DNCE song is a Libra’s dream scenario with encouraging words of, “Baby, you don’t have to rush, You can leave a toothbrush at my place”

Scorpio 10/24-11/22: “Jenny” – Walk the Moon

Scorpios are the epitome of a fiery personality who show off a tough exterior to hide a softer interior. Sensual and intimate, romantic attraction is key for these water signs and said easily in the lyrics, “I wanna be the sand inside that hourglass, Take it slow, oh, oh, gonna make it last.”

Sagittarius 11/23-12/22: “Cool Girl” – Tove Lo

Focused on freedom and travel, curious yet impatient Sagittariuses often don’t have time to stay with one person. They tend to have an air of “coolness” and mystery, exemplified in the lyrics, “Let’s keep it fun, We don’t put a label on it, So we can run free, yeah”.

Capricorn 12/23-1/20: “Body Heat” – Kate Nash

Capricorns are hard to love because of how generally closed off and emotionally guarded they are but with a little TLC, they turn into puddles of romantic goo and are committed for life. Kate Nash perfectly says this in the chorus, “Baby, you can steal my sheets, I got everything I need, I can live off of your body heat, yeah”.

Aquarius 1/21-2/19: “Arabella” – Arctic Monkeys

Aquarians are incredibly intellectual and imaginative beings and committed lovers. If the entirety of the galaxy was an astrological sign, it would be Aquarius and “Arabella” would be an Aquarius. The song goes, “It’s an exploration, she’s made of outer space, And her lips are like the galaxy’s edge, And her kiss the colour of a constellation falling into place.”

Pisces 2/20-3/20: “Crush” – Tessa Violet

Pisces chronically fall fast and hard and can fall out just as fast. They love unconditionally and are very expressive about their feelings. Crushes are all too common for Pisces and they consume their thoughts with phrases like, “And I’m just tryna play it cool now, But that’s not what I wanna do now” from the song.

Olivia is a Fine Arts major with a minor in Psychology, aiming to be an Art Therapist. In her free time, she likes to play the Sims 4 and hang out with her dog.