Athens Bar Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Ohio University has a bit of a reputation for being a party school. It really isn’t a surprise when you think about our massive Halloween party, fest season, and of course all the bars within such short distance from each other. So, without further ado grab your I.D., some cash and comfortable shoes (because the bricks aren’t fun in heels) and check some of these things off of your Athens Bar Bucket List.

1. Visit the Smiling Skull on a Wednesday night and sing karaoke.
  1. Take a pickle shot at Jackie O’s. It may sound gross but, how many people can say they took a shot of pickle juice?
  2. Before visiting the Smiling Skull, head to Courtside for Slice Night where a slice of cheese pizza is only 50 cents.
  1. And while you’re at it, hit up Lucky’s for a $5 liquor pitcher on Wednesday. Basically, Wednesdays in Athens are where it’s at.
  2. Order a champagne slushy at Broneys.
  1. Head to Red Brick for Brick Break for discounted drinks on any day from 6-9 p.m. and all day Sunday.
  2. Embrace the holiday spirit and attend Santa Fest. Remember your ugly sweater!
  1. Take a Hot Nut at Tony’s. It’s a coffee shot, so get your mind out of the gutter!
  2. Get a beer at Jackie O’s.
  1. Attend Green Beer Day and drink some weird colored beer.
  2. Visit every bar before graduating.

(Gifs courtesy of giphy.com)

Ohio University Class of 2018 | Psychology major West Virginia native now living in Athens. I love traveling, eating junk food and quoting The Office. You'll probably find me yelling at a TV while watching football. 
Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!