Andrew Kroeze: HBO Rep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Meet Andrew, one of two Ohio University HBO representatives! I got to talk to him to see what he does and how he got involved. Read what he had to say about it, and look for their table in Baker!

What’s your major? “I am a Psychology major with a Business minor.”

What else are you involved with on campus? “I’m also the president of two campus organizations, the Interfraternity Council and Order of Omega, active member of the PSI CHI honors society, a proud member of the Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, and an RA in O’Bleness House.”

What made you want to be an HBO rep? “While working as the Ubisoft rep last year, I got to partner up with HBO for their Game of Thrones pre-screening. After seeing over 1000 students have a fun-filled time with endless free HBO giveaways, I knew that HBO had a great campus rep program. Hence, why I applied to be the HBO rep this year.”

How did you hear about the opportunity? “Last years campus rep Stacy Boesch was able to hook me up after the GoT pre-screening.”

What do you do on campus for it? “There are two HBO campus agents. I am the Event Coordinator agent. My responsibilities include to come up with dynamic events, contacting organizations to participate in our events, and setting up the events. The Social Media agent, Patrick O’Brien, is responsible for taking pictures at the events, posting to social media, and all the marketing for the events. Together we table two hours a week every Wednesday in Baker Center. It’s a blast giving away free HBO gear, including protein shakers, Tupperware containers, reusable Solo cups, etc.!”

Do you have any events coming up? “I am currently in the midst of planning a ‘throwback’ HBO event with Young Life toward the end of October and there is going to be an HBO boxing event in mid-November. Facebook invites will be sent out shortly!”

What’s your favorite part about being an HBO rep? “Besides being hooked up with a free iPad, Roku stick, and all the sick HBO gear, I love the community of HBO campus agents. They are incredibly hardworking and helpful and it’s easy to feed off their energy, which makes the job way easier.”

Meredith is a junior at Ohio University and Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Ohio U. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. Her hobbies include dreaming about traveling, drinking unhealthy amounts of coffee, and driving her pink car. You can follow her on Twitter (@Mere_Broadwater) and Instagram (@meredithbroad).