American Horror Story, WTF?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Last T.V. season, I got caught up in the hot mess that is American Horror Story. The show, which I’ll call AHS from here on out, chronicled the lives of the Harmon family as they settled into a haunted house in L.A. AHS was sexually explicit and didn’t shy away from gross-out images like blown out brains. For some reason, I kept watching. The plots were thin, filled with unintentional humor, multiple horror movie references and a healthy dose of camp. Basically it was a B-movie with fabulous production values and to be honest, I love the unintentionally tacky.

This season, AHS is leaving the ‘murder house’ behind and heading for an East Coast Asylum. I’ve been obsessively scouring the internet for teasers and trailers, and all I can say is ‘WTF.’ The trailers are creepy as all get out, featuring a milk white nun, straight jackets and the most terrifying forest I’ve ever seen. I’m intrigued by the premise of moving the setting of AHS and creating all new characters in a new era. The murder house was getting boring. We get it. People who live there die.

The cast is spectacular as well. Jessica Lange, Chloe Sevigny and Zachary Quinto all have key roles. Quinto and Lange worked great together last season, so it’s good to see them together again. I’m a little dubious about the addition of Adam Levine though. I’m not one to deny his hotness and talent as a singer, but can he act? Maybe he’ll have a rigid performance or he’ll be the surprise star of the show. Either way, I’ll be watching.

AHS premieres Oct. 17 on F/X.

Taylor is a graduate of Ohio University and former Co-Editor of Her Campus' OU branch. She would like to eventually work in the publishing industry with hopes of living in New York, San Francisco or Seattle. In her free time, Taylor enjoys reading, volunteering, or hitting up the most hipster joints in town.