9 Fun Things To Do On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a great holiday to spend with the people you love. Whether you spend the day with a partner, friends, or simply alone, here are some ideas on how to celebrate the occasion.

Have a dinner party

Try a new restaurant in the area or cook something new that you have been waiting to try. Whether you go out with friends or you take yourself on a date, go somewhere that makes you happy.

Check something off your bucket list

Spend the day accomplishing one of your goals. You can include your partner, friends, or simply accomplish it alone. Do something you have always wanted to do.

Visit a new store in the area

Retail therapy is always a great way to spend Valentine’s Day, but instead of shopping at your favorite stores, go to one you don’t usually shop at. You’re bound to find something you love and it may become one of your favorites.

Movie night

Curling up with a blanket and popcorn is a great way to spend your night. Have a night-in alone and watch your favorite movies, or go see a new movie in the theater with a group of friends.

Get ahead on assignments

Spending the day getting caught up on assignments can be a great way to focus on yourself. It can be a fun way to productively distract yourself, and you will feel better when you finish something you have been putting off.

Visit a pet store to play with puppies

Many pet stores have dogs you can play with. This is a great way to spend Valentine’s Day if you miss your pet or simply want to be around dogs.

Buy yourself flowers

Flowers brighten any room and even if you’re spending the day alone, buying yourself a nice bouquet can instantly improve your mood.

Spend the day in a bookstore

Reading the book you have been putting off is great for stress relief and a fun way to spend Valentine’s day. Forget your friend’s Instagram posts about their relationship and get lost in a new book.

Go to the gym

Exercising can be a great way to spend your Valentine’s Day, and you can do it alone or with friends. You will feel good about yourself after, and then you can treat yourself to Valentine’s candy. Inviting your friends to a workout class is also a great way to exercise with others.

Hopefully, these ideas help you have a great holiday and Happy Valentine’s Day!

Elizabeth Cutler is a sophomore English Education major at Ohio University. In her free time Elizabeth enjoys writing, hammocking, painting, and spending time with her dog.