8 Unique Ear Piercings You Should Look Into

Over the course of the last year, I've become obsessed with ear piercings, and have acquired a deep interest in them. Here are some of my favorites, and others that I'll probably end up getting before the end of this year. 

1. 1. Helix (commonly referred to as a cartilage piercing)

Technically speaking, all of the piercings on this list are cartilage piercings, but you can't go wrong with this classic. This was my first cartilage piercing, and it remains my favorite one. It's a simple statement piece and looks great as both a stud or a hoop.

2. 2. Daith

This piercing is perfect for subtlety, as it's one that you're not going to necessarily look for, but it’s one with a lot of character. Try jewelry with more of a neutral bead in the middle, or others with brighter colors for a bolder look. This piercing also has potential medical benefits for helping with migraines.

3. 3. Conch

This was the piercing I was most intimidated by, but the one I wanted the most. Not going to lie, the cartilage there is pretty thick so it's on the more painful side, but still manageable. The best part: you can replace the initial stud into a nice hoop that wraps around the outer ear after the healing period (5 more months to go for me!). 

4. 4. Rook

This quirky piercing is very unique in its design and one that, even if the jewelry is very simplistic, functions as a very fascinating and odd placement for a piercing (Generally speaking, the odder piercings are the coolest). 

5. 5. Tragus

This one is probably the next on my list. Tragus piercings are super simple, but that makes them all the more attractive. The smaller the stud, the better.

6. 6. Industrial

If you're more about subtlety, I would steer clear from this piercing. The bold bar is one that you can’t miss, but the edgy look makes it all the more appealing.

7. 7. Flat

This piercing, while similar in style to the OG helix piercing, allows for a little more space for multiple piercings in the same area.

8. 8. Forward Helix

This piercing shares similar vibes with the tragus piercing, with very unembellished features that are complementary to other jewelry.  A cute idea would also be to get one or two more above it for a clean, organized look.