8 Stranger Things GIFs That Describe My Expectations for Season 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Season two of Stranger Things will be premiering in a few days, and I’m beyond ready to pick up where things left off in season one. There are so many unanswered questions that need to be answered, and I’m hoping season two wastes no time and jumps right into the action. Here are 8 Stranger Things GIFs that describe my expectations for season two.

1. 

My girl Barb may be gone forever, but she’s a legend, and I know she’ll get the justice she should’ve gotten since the beginning of the series. I look forward to any mentioning of her in the upcoming season because she deserved better. #barbdeservedbetter.

2. 

Joyce was an intense character in season one, and she had every right to be crazy considering her son went missing. I’m curious to see how she’ll be now that her son’s back. The only problem is that it looks like he’s the one that’ll go crazy now.

3. 

All hail Queen Eleven. She’s one of the most intriguing characters in television history, in my opinion. Considering Eleven only said a few words in season one, I hope that she’ll be able to talk more to tell us about her story.

4. 

These poor children have been through so much together, and I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse for them. When times get tough for them, I’ll reflect back on the moment Eleven and the boys became true friends. That happy image will keep me going when the new season starts out and Mike wonders about Eleven and whether or not she’s even alive.

5. 

Oh Nancy, what am I going to do with you? Let’s cut to the chase, is it going to be Steve or Jonathan? Maybe neither? I personally think Nancy can handle herself. I mean did you see her with that gun when she faced off with that monster thing at the end of season one? She doesn’t need some man to step in and act like the hero.

6. 

Since I’m on the topic of boys, let’s talk about Steve Harrington. At the beginning of season one, I wasn’t sure what to think about him. I didn’t really like him because I couldn’t see him and Nancy working out, but he changed a lot toward the end of the season. He’s a very likable guy, but so is Jonathan. Steve is like a bad boy that turned good, so I can appreciate that.

7.

Mike is a sweet angel child that needs to be protected at all costs. He took Eleven in from the beginning and accepted her. Now, he doesn’t know where she is, or what happened to her in the first place when she poofed. I believe in Mike to get down to the bottom of things and reunite with Eleven to figure out what’s happening to Will.

8. 

I can already hear the theme music playing in my head, so bring on season two! While I need to watch it now, I’m not sure if I’m ready for all the emotional turmoil I’m bound to be in once I start. All I want is for everyone to be healthy and well, but I know that’s not going to happen.

Make sure to watch season two of Stranger Things October 27 on Netflix. I’ll be binge watching all the episodes in one day, so wish me luck.

(Gifs courtesy of giphy.com and header photo courtesy of wikipedia.org)

Kara is a senior studying advertising at The University of Georgia. She's hails from Pittsburgh, Pa and thinks of herself as a Pennsylvania Peach living in the South. Find out more about her on her website: www.karaskloud.wordpress.com.