7 Ways To Have The Perfect Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

As dates with significant others are planned for Valentines Day, those who have no significant others can spend the day celebrating Galentine’s Day. The day has been adapted from the television show Parks and Recreation with the purpose of ladies celebrating ladies. Here are 7 ways to have the perfect Galentine’s Day:  

1. Snacks

Who does not like pigging out with their best friends? Galentine’s Day is the perfect time to have a potluck-style snack feast. Everyone can bring their favorite snack with plenty to share to kick off a perfect night of celebrating each other. These can be snacks, drinks, desserts, or really anything.

2. Crafting

Create friendship bracelets to give to each other with favorite colors and charms, or even get some canvas and try to follow a Bob Ross episode together. While not perfect, a cute craft will surely be the outcome of the evening.

3. Makeovers

Whether serious or as a funny outcome, makeovers are classic. Try to make each other ready for a night out or go the “clown” route with bad makeovers. Chances are, it will be a fun experience for everyone involved.

4. Face Masks

To clear away that makeup from the makeover and stress from the week, buy or make your own DIY face mask. This is the perfect bonding activity and stress reliever for everyone. With a DIY face mask, everyone can customize what products they want in it.

5. Painting nails

Pick a new color and put a couple coats on your nails. Painting nails not only will relieve stress, but will be a fun activity to do with close friends. Use drying time as a moment to sit back, watch a show, or talk.

6. A Dose of Gossip

No Galentine’s Day is complete without getting to have a little gossip session with all of your favorite friends.

7. Netflix

Finish the night off by watching a romantic comedy together or watch Parks and Recreation Season 2, Episode 16 “Galentine’s Day”.

However you decide to spend Galentine’s Day this year, make sure to have fun, be carefree and have no expectations. Enjoy time with friends and make lasting memories this year.  

A senior at Ohio University, Hannah Moskowitz is majoring in the news and information journalism track at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. During her time there, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for Her Campus. In her free time, she writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com. When she's not writing, she loves to paint, hammock with friends and take care of her plants.