6 Last-minute Things To Do Instead Of Drink This HallOUween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

HallOUween is this weekend and in my opinion, it’s one of the best weekends of the year. You get to dress up with all of your friends and go out all day, but for some people partying isn’t what you want to spend your weekend doing. So, here are some last-minute ideas of what to do instead of partying during HallOUween weekend. 

Scary Movie Marathon

You can still have your friends visit, just make your own HallOUween party in your room. You can either rent movies from a Redbox or you can find some online. Hulu has a whole section of scary movies to watch called “Huluween”. Even Netflix has some good ones. You can even watch the ones with the worst ratings to have a good laugh.

Go Bowling

Athens has a bowling alley called Rollerbowl Lanes that’s open from 6 p.m. – 12 a.m. on the weekend, so you and your friends can spend the night bowling. You can even wear crazy costumes if you want to make it even more fun.

See a Movie

There are two movie theaters in Athens, The Athena Grand, and The Athena Cinema, both are open HallOUween weekend. The Athena Grand has more up-to-date movies like “IT Chapter 2” which is the perfect scary movie to see this HallOUween weekend. As for The Athena Cinema on Court Street, they play a variety of films, so you just have to check the outside or their website to see what they have playing that weekend.

Walk Around Court Street

There is always something to do on Court Street the weekend of HallOUween. They have bands and DJs during the Athens Block Party. Most restaurants are open too so instead of heading to the parties during HallOUween, you and your friends can grab lunch or dinner, maybe see a movie and then go and watch bands play. 

Go to Libby’s Pumpkin Patch

If you just want to get off campus for the day and not deal with all the people, you and your friends can go to Libby’s Pumpkin Patch. Go take cute pictures and find the best pumpkins to carve, when you get back to campus put on a scary movie and spend the night carving your pumpkins. You could even order some food so you don’t have to wait in long lines.

Go to a Haunted House/Trail

Field of Screams is the closest haunted trail to OU. This is the perfect thing to do if you’re looking to get off campus for the night. You’re still doing something scary, but with a lot fewer people. 

There is something for everyone to enjoy this HallOUween weekend and no matter how you decide to spend it just remember to have fun with your friends and be safe!

Courtney Davis is a senior at Ohio University majoring in English with a minor in journalism. Courtney is a writer for Her Campus and volunteers with Relay for Life. In her free time, she loves to read and is an aspiring lifestyle blogger.