Style

6 Fall Outfit Staples On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With cool, fall weather in full swing, it’s time to put the tank tops away and bring sweaters and scarves out. Here are 6 ways to transform your wardrobe to include all the fall staples without breaking the bank.

Sweaters Galore

Just like any fall season, sweaters are always in. This season there’s been an increase in turtlenecks, cropped, and distressed sweaters taking the fashion world by storm. Find a huge number of sweaters that will fit into your budget at your local TJ Maxx like this Ribbed Back Long Turtle Neck Sweater in rouge for just $24.99.

Teddy is Here to Stay!

As in previous years, full fleece pullovers and jackets were all the rage and are here to stay. Avoid the expensive fleece, and find this Como Blu Women’s Athleisure Sherpa Zip-Up Pullover in multiple patterns for just $14 online at Walmart!

Color Block is Back

A fun color blocked shirt brings more pop of colors to your standard neutral brown fall outfits. Check out this Color Block Raw Hem Sweater from Romwe for $18.95.

Hats Aren’t Going Anywhere

Hats with or without a pom-pom on top are a staple as the cold fall months transition into winter. Find this inexpensive accessory at most stores. This Cable-Knit Pom Pom Beanie from Forever 21 is on sale for just $4.99.

Statement Booties

All things sweaters aside, a statement pair of boots will give you a solid foundation to rock when you have class at 3, a meeting at 4, and a date party at 5. Take a look at these copper metallic Sole Society Tashia Bootie for $29.99 down from $99.95 from DSW.

Stay Warm With Long Jackets

Complete your outfit and keep yourself warm with your jacket. And this season, long jackets are getting seen outside of just Fashion Week. Find this taupe Faux Fur Longline Coat on sale for $26.60 from Forever 21.

A senior at Ohio University, Hannah Moskowitz is majoring in the news and information journalism track at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. During her time there, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for Her Campus. In her free time, she writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com. When she's not writing, she loves to paint, hammock with friends and take care of her plants.