Valentines Day Hub Hero R1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Valentines Day Hub Hero R1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas For Your Special Someone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that is either highly anticipated or majorly hated–people either love it or dread it; there is no in-between. You either know someone or you are someone who’s trying to find the perfect gift for February 14th. There is a lot of pressure in finding the perfect balance of nice, personal, cute, and lavish that make important people in your life feel special. Although there are many complexities to the holiday, finding the right gift for your people doesn’t have to be hard! The most important aspect to the whole day is making the person you’re with or want to be with happy. Here is a list of traditional Valentine’s Day gift ideas and how you can make them personal!

Candy

Who doesn’t love getting their favorite candy? People enjoy when you remember things that they like, and by doing this, it makes your significant other feel important and heard. You can make this gift personal by getting an assortment, adding a nice note, and tying it back to a funny memory that you share.

Flowers

This is also a popular gift idea and it is closely associated to the thought of Valentine’s Day. Receiving this gift makes your person feel special and remind them that chivalry may not be dead after all. This is easily personalized by adding a note, making your own bouquet of things they like, and remembering their favorite flowers. This goes a long way because they will keep the flowers after the day is over and it will remind them of you.

Jewelry

This gift can either be a huge surprise or totally expected depending on the relationship. The typical options are promise rings, earrings, and necklaces which you can get from basically anywhere, even Walmart. This gift is significant because it’s a tangible, wearable item that your person can show off. The price isn’t as important as making sure that the jewelry is meaningful and thought through.

Stuffed Animals

Squishmallows and stuffed animals are the raves for people everywhere right now. These super soft and collectable items are a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day! They come in various sizes, colors, and animals which make them prime presents for your loved ones. This personal gift is a reminder that you know their favorite animal, color, and it is something that you can name together.

Sentimental Items

This gift is based on creativity because it consists of things that are important in the relationship. This could include remembering small details of your partner, making a card, creating a playlist of songs you share, printing out pictures, handmade notes, and maybe a sappy Instagram post. This gift is probably the most important because it is so personal.

In the end, Valentine’s Day is about celebrating love. That can be found in friends, partners, and family, but the most important thing is making your people feel special. Whatever gift you may choose will be special regardless because it is from you!

Lily Biros is the Vice President Co-Campus Correspondent at Ohio University. She is a senior student majoring in Strategic Communication at E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. She enjoys writing, eating, and rollerblading and is the Vice President for the Asian American Pacific Islander Student Union (AAPI).