5 Things To Do When You’re Single For Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

You might think, “what a bummer it is that Hannah has spent 21 years in a row single during Valentine’s Day.” But really it’s probably one of the greatest things. Not only are you not expected to do anything that day like going out for a date, but people might also feel bad and give you gifts and candy. If you’re single this Valentine’s Day, here are five things you can do:

Have a Galentine’s party

Get together with your gal pals and have a Galentine’s party! A great option is to go out for brunch together, have some mimosas, and maybe even exchange gifts. This is a great way to not only show, but to remember that you are loved by so many people.

Go out

You’re single and have nobody holding you back. And since Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday in 2020, it’s the perfect reason to go out for a night on the town with friends.

Stay in

While you could go out, you also have the option to stay in and work ahead on that project everyone else will be behind on since they’re going out on dates. You can even take a break, pick out a movie, and pour yourself a glass of wine.

Treat yourself to a date

You don’t need a significant other to be treated to a date. Go and treat yourself to a date with friends or alone and get some of your favorite food and relax. You can even treat yourself to some candy or flowers to brighten up your room.

Avoid online dating apps

Most importantly, if you’re single this Valentine’s Day, it might be best to avoid online dating apps because everyone is going to be thirsty for a date or a one-night fling during this holiday.

A senior at Ohio University, Hannah Moskowitz is majoring in the news and information journalism track at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. During her time there, she is president, campus correspondent and writes for Her Campus. In her free time, she writes for her personal blog: www.hannahmeetsworld.com. When she's not writing, she loves to paint, hammock with friends and take care of her plants.