5 Things to Do During the Holidays After a Break-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Yes, I will be spending the “most wonderful time of the year” alone. The thought of spending the holiday season solo used to feel unbearable, but I have finally come to peace with the idea of it.

Here are some of the festive activities I’ll be doing without the burden of a boyfriend:

1. Eating wine-flavored ice cream while watching Home Alone (Get it? Alone.)

Who hasn’t heard of the new delicious wine flavored ice-cream? I certainly have! I will have plenty of time to scarf down as many pints as I can.

2. Making decorative Christmas cookies with my family.

Stockings, stars, and Santa hats made from gooey, sugar cookie dough. After all, the best memories are the edible ones.

3. Visiting the zoo with my girlfriends under the sparkle of Christmas lights.

The zoo is fun during the warmer months, but who can resist penguins and polar bears illuminated by more than a million twinkling Christmas lights?

4. Chillin’ in my fuzzy and festive socks.

A little down time never hurt anybody. I’m going to cuddle up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate and finally relax.

5. 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family

To tell you that I am excited to watch 25 Days of Christmas would be an understatement. (Yay!) I don’t remember the last time I watched it. I am usually on the go during the holidays, and I can’t wait to sit back and relax this year.  

For those of you who are single for the holidays, don’t feel alone. Although relationships can be great, they can also be very stressful. If you are reading this and you are single, spend the holidays with your family and friends. You can even devote a little time to yourself. Don’t be afraid to pamper YOURSELF like I will this holiday!   

(All GIFs: giphy.com)

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano