freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Galentine’s Day Ideas For You And Your BFFs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Valentine’s day is quickly approaching which means every store is filled with red and pink frilly cards and heart-shaped chocolate. But why celebrate Valentine’s day when you can celebrate Galentine’s day? Galentine’s day is the perfect excuse to spend time appreciating your favorite girls. Here are some interesting ideas for the perfect Galentine’s day

1. Get Crafty

One way to celebrate Galentine’s day is by getting crafty with your BFFs! You and your friends can get together and decorate wine glasses, make bath bombs, create cute picture frames, or paint your hearts out on canvases. Getting crafty allows you to be creative with your gal pals and design keepsakes to take home.

2. Have a slumber party

What is more fun than sitting around gossiping in your pajamas with your girls? Nothing! This Galentine’s day grab your BFFs, pull out your sleeping bags, pour some wine, and spend the night chit-chatting away. Slumber party ideas: card games, movies marathons, and spa night.

3. A night out on the town

Dance, dance, dance the night away with your soul sisters. Galentine’s day screams GNO. Dress to impress and go out on the town with the girls; you can stay local or go downtown to find a nightclub or karaoke bar. Here’s a Girls Night Out Spotify Playlist to get the night started.

4. Make dinner together

While it would be exciting to travel the world for Galentine’s day, it is not convenient. One way to feel like you are exploring the world with your friends is by bringing culture to the kitchen; spend your Galentine’s day cooking a traditional Italian meal. You and the ladies can fill the kitchen with sweet aromas from herbs and spices, and reward your bellies with a job well done. Check out a list of Authentic Italian Recipes Here: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/1789/world-cuisine/european/italian/authentic/

5. Go shopping

Shop till you drop with your besties. No matter what mall or outlet you choose, shopping with your girlfriends is guaranteed to be an exceptional time. You can check out new Lush products, or spend your time in Sephora trying fresh makeup looks. The decision is yours!  Whether you spend or window shop, going to the mall with your BFF’s is the perfect Galentine’s day outing.

Darian Berdysz is an Ohio University graduate. While at school, she studied Communications, Marketing, and Social Media at the Scripps College of Communications. She was also involved with Thread Magazine, Ohio Multimedia Society was a Communication Executive for University Program Council and the Vice President of Students Professionals of Communication Studies. Darian enjoys dancing and singing at every chance she gets, traveling, and spending time with her friends.