Anna Schultz-Socks And Laptop In Bed
Anna Schultz-Socks And Laptop In Bed
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

5 Binge-Worthy Series to Watch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With fall weather comes cozy sweaters, hot coffee or tea, and fuzzy socks. As the leaves fall and we get comfy, there will be an inevitable craving for a new TV series to become addicted to. So, I have compiled my top five binge-worthy series. All of these shows are very different and I’ve also included series that air on different platforms, so there’s something for everyone! And don’t worry, they all come with characters to love and nail-biting cliffhangers.

Gilmore Girls
Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham in gilmore girls
Saeed Adyani/Netflix

Gilmore Girls is my favorite TV series of all time. The show stars Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Rory Gilmore (whom her mother named after herself). Between the adorable character development, the drama, and the small-town setting, what’s not to love? With seven seasons and even a recent revival, there’s plenty of 2000s fashion and witty jokes for viewers to curl up and enjoy.

(All seven seasons and the revival are available on Netflix!)

On My block
On my block Netflix
Netflix

On My Block features a group of friends as they navigate their Los Angeles neighborhood and new high school. In general, this show will have you laughing, then crying, then cry-laughing. So far, there are three seasons, but season 4 is set to drop this October!

(All seasons are available on Netflix!)

Black Mirror

This one is certainly different from the rest of the list. Black Mirror is a Sci-Fi series that does not have to be watched in any specific order. The show will make you question everything. Every single episode has a twist and will leave you speechless. There are five (short) seasons, but the episodes are typically the length of a short movie.

(All episodes are available on Netflix)

11.22.63

If you didn’t know, 11.22.63 was the date that President JFK was assassinated. This series (based on a novel by Stephan King) features a high school teacher (James Franco) who has the ability to go back in time and change history. There are so many twists and turns that will leave viewers on the edge of their seats. This may sound like a show specifically for history nerds (like me…), but the storyline is impeccable and everyone I have talked to who has watched the show loves it! There are only eight episodes, but they are worth taking a look at!

(The episodes are free on Hulu, but also available on YouTube or Apple TV)

Modern Love

Alright, grab some tissues for this one! This series is inspired by the New York Time’s Modern Love newspaper column. Each episode is a different story and almost every single one will make you cry. Modern Love stars some notable acting names such as Anne Hathaway, Dev Patel, and Tina Fey! The stories are all adorable and based on real-life events! There are two seasons total.

(Both are available on Prime Video!)

Abby is a junior at Ohio University. She is studying Journalism News and Information. In her free time, Abby enjoys painting, reading, writing, and thrifting!