Wellness

4 Things You Need to Start Bullet Journaling for the New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

You’ve seen it on your Pinterest for years. You’ve always debated on starting. Well the beginning of a new semester and the new year is as great a time as any to prioritize your time and habits with bullet journaling. Here’s a list of the four things that will make starting a bullet journal a breeze in 2023. 

1. JOURNALS  

Bullet journals have a different layout than regular notebooks. They are composed of pages with dots or lines used to make drawing charts, graphs and pictures easier. Amazon.com offers various colors and sizes. The Paperage dotted notebook fits in any bag for easy travel.

Amazon

2. PENS

When choosing pens for bullet journaling, the most important thing to consider is how much the ink will bleed through the paper. Since bullet journaling consists of drawings and coloring, be sure to choose high quality pens. These Paper Mate Ink Joy multi color gel pens from Amazon.com are a great choice. For the avid bullet journalist, packs with more colors are offered in quantities of 22 and 30.

Amazon

3. & 4. HIGHLIGHTERS & MARKERS

This final category involves the creativity and personalized design of your bullet journal. Used for accenting notes or adding flare to your monthly habit tracker, highlighters and markers are a must. Amazon.com offers Zebra Mildliner markers to create aesthetically-pleasing, Pinterest worthy calligraphy. For highlighters, try this pack of 6 from Stabillo Boss which come in various styles such as pastel.

Amazon
Amazon

Now that you have everything you need to start bullet journaling you can prioritize planning and time management in a fun and creative way. Don’t forget Pinterest for inspiration!

Peyton Ann is a journalism student at Ohio University. She loves writing about the arts, entertainment, activism and lifestyle.