Ohio University Athens Block Bricks
Ohio University Athens Block Bricks
Hannah Moskowitz

4 Reasons To Join Her Campus at Ohio University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Ohio University is one of the top journalism schools in the country. This means OU has a variety of publications to join. While each campus publication is incredible in its own way, here’s why you should consider joining Her Campus at Ohio University:

Her Campus Is All About Women!

The main mission at Her Campus is to give a voice to young female talent. While all genders and gender identities are welcome, Her Campus strives to provide the female perspective on various topics. Writers and content creators can write about any topic they wish! Interested in politics? Share your opinions on the upcoming election or debates or create your opinion column.  If you’re a beauty guru, share some of your favorite looks on our Youtube page. Think of us as a female-focused Buzzfeed! All grades and majors are welcome, too!

There’s Freedom For Creativity

As stated above, HCOU covers pretty much everything! From news to entertainment to health and lifestyle, there is space for everyone! Our motto is if you’re passionate about it, then write about it. There’s no need to pitch ideas! We want each member to express themselves. But Her Campus contributors are not limited to just writing. We are also looking for aspiring Youtube personalities, podcast hosts, photographers and social media gurus. If you want the freedom to write or create what you want, when you want, then HCOU is the place for you!

Opportunities for Free Goodies!

What college student can’t resist anything free? Many big brands love to partner with Her Campus to help promote their products. To help, we call upon our social media gurus and trendsetters to help promote them. Over the years, we have partnered with Bondi Sands tanning company, Diva Cup and Bic’s Silk collection. Our active members get the top pick of these products and more throughout the year. Each member receives incentive points based on how much content they create and the events they attend throughout the semester.  In turn, these help HCOU earn points as a chapter to help us gain a higher national ranking. These giveaways act as a nice celebration during each semester! 

The Her Campus Community Is Much Larger Than Us!

HCOU is just one of many college chapters across the United States. As of Fall 2020, HCOU is ranked as a diamond level chapter, meaning we are ranked in the top ten percent of all chapters! The numerous Her Campus chapters allow us to connect with other schools across the nation in partnerships, and also reach out to alumni. Her Campus alumni have gone on to work for some major media outlets, like The Washington Post, Buzzfeed, Vanity Fair, and Vogue. Her Campus nationals also offer internships and jobs for undergrad and postgrad. It just shows that Her Campus is a great stepping stone to help your post-college dreams come true!

Have we convinced you to join us? We have meetings every Thursday evening at 5 via Zoom. For the link, email hc.ohiou@hercampus.com. We’d love to have you! 

Follow us on our socials! 

Instagram: @hercampusohiou

Twitter: @HerCampusOhioU

Caitlin Hunt

Ohio U '21

Caitlin Hunt is a fourth year journalism news and information student at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. On campus, Caitlin is involved with the Ohio Fellows, Cru, and is a Templeton Scholar. She has served as a TODAY Show intern and a NAJA fellow. In her free time, she takes in as much pop culture as she can! She is always watching tv shows and movies, listening to music and obsessing over the latest Broadway musical. Check out her monthly blog, Caitlin's Pop of Culture to see what she's watching!