3 Boy Bands That Need To Return Immediately

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Imagine you are wearing your favorite Limited Too gauchos and a sparkly pink tank top under the summer sun at your lemonade stand when all of a sudden you hear “Year 3000” by the Jonas Brothers on the radio. Immediately, you and your friend squeal with excitement, life is good. I know I can’t be the only one that misses the era of boy bands. A time when we spent our afternoons daydreaming about Nick Jonas, Harry Styles, and Kendall Schmidt. If you too spend your days and nights longing for the return of boy bands, this article is for you.

1.The Jonas Brothers

Ah, the good old JoBros. While we can all recognize that Nick and Joe Jonas’s music has aged with grace, who doesn’t miss the Nick, Joe, and Kevin’s pre-pubescent vocals? Camp Rock to this day is still one of my favorite movies. Did anyone ever make Kevin a birdhouse? Probably not. Do you remember that feeling you got when Nick yelled “RED DRESS” during “Burning Up”? Do you remember how stylish the boys looked in their white sunglasses and fashion scarfs? If the Jonas Brothers were to get back together, I would spend my life savings on front row tickets and pull my “I <3 NJ” puffy paint shirt out of my attic. Nick, Joe, Kevin if you are reading this, PLEASE HAVE A FAM MEETING AND GET THE BAND BACK TOGETHER.

2. One Direction

It wasn’t just their dreamy accents, perfectly chiselled faces, or even the fact that their voices in combination sounded like angels in the heavens above. It was everything about One Direction that stole the hearts of girls across the world. My heart never healed after Zayn left, so I never expected the even more devastating news that 1D was no more. I could no longer drive to Target to pick up One Direction’s newest album with my BFF; my yearly tradition became a distant memory. Yes, they are thriving in their solo careers and their music is still amazing. But, remember a simpler time when you only had to spend money on one concert ticket to see Harry, Liam, Niall, Louis, and Zayn? This hiatus needs to end.

3. Big Time Rush

I will be first to scream from the rafters that Big Time Rush was underrated. These boys not only had a hilarious show on Nickelodeon, but they also put on one of the best concerts I have ever attended. They were humorous, attractive, produced bangers, and could dance; there was something so innocent yet sexy about Kendall, Logan, James, and Carlos. Remember when Iyaz was featured in “If I Ruled the World”? What a banger! BTR once said, “Any kind of guy you want girl that’s the guy I’ll be,” but all we really need is for them to start making music again. Big Time Rush needs to return because they need to be appropriately appreciated worldwide.

On behalf of all former fangirls I would like to ask The Jonas Brothers, One Direction, and Big Time Rush to become bands again.

Darian Berdysz is an Ohio University graduate. While at school, she studied Communications, Marketing, and Social Media at the Scripps College of Communications. She was also involved with Thread Magazine, Ohio Multimedia Society was a Communication Executive for University Program Council and the Vice President of Students Professionals of Communication Studies. Darian enjoys dancing and singing at every chance she gets, traveling, and spending time with her friends.