#12 Fest Line Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Get your best lacrosse tank and solo cup out, because fest season at OU is almost upon us! Last week students saw the release of the lineup for #Fest: 12th Edition.

Headlining this year’s event will be artist Wiz Khalifa, best known for his hit songs such as “Black and Yellow,” “Roll Up,” and “Young, Wild & Free” featuring Snoop Dogg. In addition to his music, Khalifa has also acted in a few movies, including Mac & Devin Go to High School. In 2011, Khalifa won Best New Artist at the BET Awards followed by Top New Artist in 2012 at the Billboard Music Awards.

Accompanying Wiz Khalifa will be Carnage, Griz, Vic Mensa, Stalley, The Runners, Captain Kidd, Jola the Trunk Boi, Yacht Club, Entel and DJ LoCo.

Carnage, who is based in Los Angeles, is best known for his remixes and original tracks with major hip-hop style and dubstep influences. He has teamed up with many well-known artists like A$AP Rocky and Waka Flocka Flame.

Griz, a 23-year-old saxophone player, came onto the scene in 2012 and has been establishing a name for himself ever since. With unique sounds and performances at various music festivals like Coachella and Lollapalooza, he promises a great performance.

Vic Mensa is one of the youngest performers lined up for #12Fest. At 19, he has already released an EP titled “Straight Up” and proven that he can hold his own in the music world.

Stalley is originally from Ohio but has made his way around, performing with hip-hop stars including Drake and Rick Ross.

The Runners, made up of Dru Brett and Mayne Jackson, previously worked with and served as producers for hip-hop and rap artists. They are now branching out creating their own electronic and dance sounds.

Captain Kidd started their work in 2012. This indie/alternative band comes from Cleveland, Ohio. As they are coming from Ohio State, the members may be treading lightly while in Bobcat country, but their fun, upbeat sounds will help to set the differences aside.

Yacht Club brings more Ohio natives to #12Fest. This group from Columbus specializes in electronic dance music (EDM) and plans to release their first EP this year.

Jola the Trunk Boi is not your typical rapper, evident by his name. While many rappers associate with “the hood,” Jola stays at the other end – hence the “Trunk Boi.” He grew up listening to classic rock and embraces his differences to set himself apart from other artists.

Entel will be returning to Athens after performing at the Lokoween stage during the 2013 Halloween Block Party. He’s a pro at getting the crowds going and has an EP in the works.

Rounding out the lineup is Ohio University student Logan Cassidy, known better as DJ LoCo. This Cincinnati boy has deejayed all over Athens and is ready to share his talents with us on an even bigger stage.

#12Fest is conveniently scheduled for April 12, 2014, at The Venue in Athens. According to thenumberfest.com, this is “The Nation’s Largest College Music Festival.” Get ready, Bobcats, and remember to “Keep Calm and Fest On!”

See you there!

Hello all! I'm a freshman Journalism major at Ohio University - goooooo Bobcats! I love my cats, my dog, my boyfriend, and the beach.