The 10 Most Annoying People You’ll Find in Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

1. The arm rest stealer

GIF from Panda Whale

You usually take up the arm rest with the arm your writing with, so if you take up both, the person next you has no where to rest their arm. If you get a casual arm shove in class, you know why.

2. The one with bad breath that sits RIGHT next to you

GIF from here

No explanation necessary… We are in college, why aren’t your teeth brushed? Please just don’t breath.

3. The gum chomper

GIF from Giphy

DOES THAT GUM TASTE GOOD? There’s always that person in class that chomps on their gum so obnoxiously that the entire room could hear it. Better yet, they are usually the ones that stick their gum under the desk for you to accidently touch afterward.

4. The non-stop talker

GIF from Giphy

You could probably recite their whole life story… literally. They spend all of class talking about their whole craazzyy weekend or their boyfriend drama. Some of us need to pass this class so will you please SHUT UP! 

5. The dumb-question asker

GIF from Smosh

There’s always that person that will ask the dumbest questions… ever. The question will be just asked and answered, and the dumb-question-asker asks again 2 seconds later. They usually like to ask questions found directly on the syllabus or one minute before class ends.

6. The foodie

GIF from SBnation

The one that always brings food to class. They don’t bring something reasonable like a granola bar; they bring their entire lunch from the dining hall. Or they bring the loudest bag of chips and struggle to open it.  Better yet, they eat as loudly as possible. Did your mom not teach you to eat with your mouth closed? 

7. The excessive sniffler and cougher

GIF from GIF Soup

“Excuse me professor this one needs a drink of water”

8. The know-it-all

GIF from Gurl

Yes we know you know everything, yes we know you have read the textbook in its entirety, and yes we know you like to kiss the professors butt. But we also know you can STFU!

9. The one who stares

GIF from GIFSec

There are always those people that will stare at you as you walk into class. It’s the worse when it’s a huge lecture and you can just feel eyes beating into your skull. Is there something wrong with my face orrr????

10. The one that packs up 10 minutes early

GIF from Reaction GIFs

Yes like you, we all want to leave. But is it necessary to scramble to pack up 10 minutes before class is over? Once one starts, it works like a domino effect and they all start. It’s very distracting, and the professor is just going to yell or punish you with a pop-quiz. You will survive if you can’t pack up until 3 minutes before class ends.

Paige is a student studying Journalism, Social Media, and Women's Studies at Ohio University. She is actively involved with Her Campus Ohio U and Thread Magazine. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @paige__rochelle (two underscores!)