This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oglethorpe chapter.

So, after a year in the pandemic, you are so tired of not having anyone to talk to that you are dying for a conversation. Don’t worry. There are probably a million college-aged people, just like you, who are missing some of the best times of their life because of this thing called Coronavirus.

However, as someone who relates to this narrative, I have some of the most full-proof ways for you to be able to find a friend for every type of person. So, follow along as we deep-dive into the many ways that you can find a BFF.

For the Introvert: Bumble BFF

So, you might be confused as to why I mention Bumble because it’s traditionally known as a dating app. Well, there’s a function where you can actually use it to find friends in your area! I’ve seen many TikToks where a girl finds her new best friend using Bumble, so I think it could be an excellent option for the gals who might be scared to talk to multiple people at once. It’s just easier to swipe through profiles and only have conversations with people who you think could have common interests as you. 

For the Intellectual: Join a Campus Organization

For all my college girls out there who want to find friends and be more involved, you can easily join a campus organization. The great thing about this method is that you can guarantee that the people in the organization(s) you join have similar interests. I’ve met friends through campus events/organizations, so don’t be scared to jump in. All you have to do is go online to whatever website your campus has that lists all the clubs, do some research about those clubs, and join them! You can also sign up at your virtual campus club fair. On my campus, they have one every semester, so there are multiple points where you can join any club.

For the extroverted and committed, Join a Sorority

This is a great option for a person who is extroverted enough to meet many people at one time. This also does require you to pay for certain things like membership and events, so keep that in mind. Even though we are in a pandemic, there are still many virtual and socially-distanced and masked events for people to enjoy and get to know people. Most people go through formal recruitment and at the beginning of the semester. Still, sororities actually have different times for recruiting as well. There are options like spring recruitment and COB (continuous open bidding), where they have events and give out bids throughout the year. Just check in with your campus’ sorority pages/websites and see what events they may be having for recruitment. 

For the adventurous: Just walk up to someone/DM someone

I will say you probably need to have some boldness to just do something like this, but this is also a good method to make friends. Just reach out to people. If you see a girl reading one of your favorite books, wearing a cute top, and eating your favorite snack, are you really going to not approach them and become their best friend? It’s similar to social media. If you see someone who has killer makeup looks or has the best TikTok dance moves, just follow them, DM them and become their friend. 

Luckily, all these methods can work for every person. If you want to try them all, go ahead! You should always do what’s best for you. Never let anyone pressure you into situations or doing anything you might not feel comfortable with. You want to enjoy your youth and make friends while doing it!

Jasmine is our Social Media Director and writer for her campus. Check out her articles on Life, Style, Sex and Relationships, and more! Fun Fact: Jasmine loves popcorn.