This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

Welcome back Monarchs! Your first two weeks of classes are over, and after awkward ice breakers and finishing your first assignments, you’re probably ready for your first concert of the semester. Here is a list of some awesome bands and artist coming to the greater Norfolk area this semester:

1. Foster the People at The NorVa on Sept. 15

(Via GIPHY)

Indie rockers, Foster the People are currently on tour in support of their third studio album, “Sacred Hearts Club.” Years after their last appearance in Norfolk, the band are making their return. For any alternative music lover, this concert is a must. Get your tickets quick, though, this show is almost guaranteed to sell out.

2. Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band at The Ted Constant Convocation Center on Nov. 12

(Via GIPHY)

That’s right, you heard it here – a Beatle is coming to Norfolk! Right on ODU’s campus, it would be a shame to miss a legend making his stop here. Since it’s so close you can practically walk to the venue, there are no excuses. It’s a Beatle, I mean, what more could you ask for

3. Tyler, The Creator at The NorVa on Nov. 18

(Via GIPHY)

What is possibly a once in a lifetime chance, keep your calendars clear for Nov. 18. Tyler, The Creator’s performance is a must. On tour in support of his newest album, “Flower Boy,” this show is bound to be spectacular.

4. Old Dominion at The Ted Constant Convocation Center on Dec. 7

(Via GIPHY)

Old Dominion is coming to Old Dominion! For all country fans alike, with tickets as low as $29, this show is a must. On ODU’s campus, this country tour is the perfect thing to spice up your December. One of the hottest country bands of our time, this show is a must. And The Ted couldn’t be a more perfect venue for them.

5. SZA at The NorVa on Dec. 8

(Via GIPHY)

The album that took the world by storm, you can see “CTRL” live in Norfolk. Though it may be late in the semester, this is a concert you should definitely plan for, especially because the show could be a good way to let loose one more time before finals start. After making her stop in Richmond, the anticipation to see her in Norfolk only grew. Tickets are only $25, so get them quick before this show sells out.

This doesn’t even begin to touch upon everyone making their way to Norfolk this semester. Make sure to check venue’s schedules and look out for local events happening around campus. There is too much going on for you to not attend at least one concert this semester. Happy concert-going, Monarchs!

(Via GIPHY)

Hello! My name is Lindsey Lanham. I go to Old Dominion Univeristy in Norfolk VA, and am currently majoring in journalism with a minor in communication. I am the marketing director for the ODU chapter. I hope to shine light on the local art and artists in Norfolk.