This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

2017 is shaping up to be a great year for music. With releases like “DAMN.,” “Humanz” and “Melodrama,” some of the best albums of our time are coming out. With the release of albums comes the announcement of tours, and I am here to tell you what the best concerts coming to Hampton Roads are.

Weezer and New Politics at the Waterside District on May 11

Weezer are one of the best alternative rock bands to ever exist. Getting their start in the ‘90s with hit track “Buddy Holly,” the band have skyrocketed, earning themselves a dedicated fanbase and the respect of many modern artists. Now they’re coming to Norfolk to play at the opening of the Waterside District. With pop rock band New Politics, the concert is free but only for ages 21 and over.

Source: PhotoPin

Chance The Rapper at the Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater on June 3

Chance The Rapper has taken the world by storm with the release of “Coloring Book.” Having already developed a fanbase with “10 Day” and “Acid Rap,” the rapper has earned the recognition he deserves with his latest release. Now he’s taking his talent on the road and Virginia Beach has the pleasure of welcoming Chance. Sure to be one of the best shows of the summer, you don’t want to miss this one.

Source: Giphy

J. Cole at The NorVa on June 17

The NorVa is supplying all of your concert needs this summer. Hampton keeps adding rap legends to their calendars for this summer. J. Cole is making his presence known in June, and this is a show nobody wants to miss. On the “4 Your Eyez Only” tour, J. Cole is sure to bring a great show to Norfolk. Especially since J. Cole has the following to play at amphitheaters and coliseums, the small venue will be an interesting experience for any who go.

Source: Giphy

Luke Bryan at the Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater on August 17

Worry not country music fans – I didn’t forget about you. Luke Bryan, country’s biggest heartthrob, is making his appearance in Virginia Beach this August. Hampton has one of the most diverse music scenes in the country, and country fans will be pleased with this performance. Make sure you grab your tickets now – this one will surely sell out.

Source: Giphy

These may not be all of the tours making their stop in Hampton this summer, but these are definitely ones you don’t want to miss. Happy concert going!

Source: Giphy

Hello! My name is Lindsey Lanham. I go to Old Dominion Univeristy in Norfolk VA, and am currently majoring in journalism with a minor in communication. I am the marketing director for the ODU chapter. I hope to shine light on the local art and artists in Norfolk.
Hi everyone, I'm Petra (PEE-truh) and I'm an ODU alumna who has branched out to sunny Southern California. Following graduation, I didn't have too much of a plan for where I was going in life but I knew to stay in Virginia was not an option. I wanted more than what was offered there so I started applying to almost every job in all my dream cities and life led me to San Diego. I now do sales, marketing and social media management for a great startup company, Voterfied. I love everything about San Diego and the work I'm doing here. So my advice to everyone, get out of your comfort zone! Take that leap of faith and let life guide you to exactly where you're meant to be. HCXO, Petra!