Recap: “The Premier” ODU’s Official 2017 Homecoming Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

After months of planning and practicing, The Official 2017 Homecoming Fashion Show was a success! On Oct. 31, a lot of creative talents were showcased as the audience viewed in amazement. This was the place to be that night; and if you weren’t there, then you missed out on one of the best fashion shows that Old Dominion University has ever seen. Let’s take a brief recap…

As the models graced the runway, the following brands were presented:

Traditions/Bookstore

The ultimate in collegiate lifestyle apparel suiting all generations.  

Source: flickr.com/impactodu

http://www.bkstr.com/olddominionstore/home

Facebook: @UniversityVillageBookstore

https://traditioneversince.com

Twitter: @Tradition_Brand, Instagram: @Tradition_Brand, Facebook: @TraditionHBCU

Sky Welkin

The Sky Welkin brand is the result of the collaborative efforts of Derek Simon, better known as the artist Sky Welkin, and Zeke Kenebrew, the entrepreneur behind the brand. Sky Welkin is a lifestyle brand, not just your average graphic tee shirt brand, as we aim to produce wearable art. Catch a vibe from the Sky Welkin “Build” boards that you may have seen around the city, as we continue to promote the #buildasyougrow lifestyle. Source: flickr.com/impactodu

http://skywelkin.com/

Twitter: @SkyWelkin, Instagram: @SkyWelkin

Unlmtd Xpressions

Unlmtd Xpressions offers custom painted, embellished and distressed merchandise. Each item is custom made to the client’s preference. Some of the popular items painted/embellished include leather jackets, hats, shoes, handbags, denim, etc. Using social media in Dec. 2016, Aja Sydnor turned her hobby of painting and embellishing clothing into a fashion business resulting in immediate sales.  Her focus is on building long-term relationships with her clients and providing custom items at an affordable price.  The client’s personality combined with her painted original design enhances the garment.

Source: flickr.com/impactodu 

Instagram: @Unlmtd_xpressions

Good Vibes

Goodvibes is a brand created to inspire people to keep a positive mindset in the midst of it all good and bad. Every month Goodvibes ribbon changes colors to spread awareness like pink for breast awareness or purple for domestic violence awareness month. Goodvibes is more than a brand IT’S A MOVEMENT!

Source: flickr.com/impactodu

www.etsy.com/shop/iiRAMAHS

Instagram: @Goodvibes_iiramahs

Styled By Jess

Styled By Jess is a unique brand that designs and hand-makes crochet pieces. Everything you see on the runway ladies and gentlemen was once a ball of yarn that has been magically transformed into clothing; with the help of her lovely assistant, Amari aka Stuckonmars.

Source: flickr.com/impactodu

Instagram: @Styledbyjess

U.B.E.

U.B.E. stands for Us Before Everything. It is a brand that promotes unity through love, peace, and positivity. We all are small pieces to a bigger puzzle. The ending goal of this brand is to unite mankind through creativity.

Source: flickr.com/impactodu

Twitter: @Usb4everything, Facebook: @Usb4everything, Instagram: @Usb4everything

Vent

Vent is a brand created by Anthony Turner who is heavily inspired by music. Vent is a brand of self-expression through fashion. Anthony wanted to create something that shows how he feels and hopefully, you all can relate.

Source: flickr.com/impactodu

www.ventvibes.com

Twitter: @Venteyes / @Ventvibes​, Instagram: @Venteyes

HEMY

Established by Corey Dabney and Brandon Ballard in 2017, HEMY is determined to encourage people that everything you want in life is within your reach, you just have to reach for it. Within every piece lies the inspiration to dream big and to relentlessly chase your goals. You have to Hustle if you want to Eat and the only way to do that is to Motivate Yourself. Can you HEMY?

Source: flickr.com/impactodu

Instagram: @Officialhemy

It didn’t stop there… there were also performances by:

Chuck $avage

Source: flickr.com/impactodu

Instagram: @therealchucksavage

Motion Madness Crew of ODU Source: flickr.com/impactodu

Instagram: @mmc_odu

3rd Eye Ry Source: flickr.com/impactodu

Instagram: @3rdeye_ry

To conclude with special thanks to the fashion show committee, coordinators, and sponsors, The Official Homecoming Fashion Show has made its mark and will become an annual show for years to come. This was #PremiereODU.

Hello! My name is Jasmine Styles and I am a Senior Fashion Merchandising major, Marketing minor at Old Dominion University. I aspire to one day become a renowned Fashion Director/Coordinator. I love traveling, going on adventures, and trying new things! Overall, I am just a country girl with city dreams.