Halloween Costumes that Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

Buying an expensive costume for one day of the entire year can be rather irritating. Of course, you would look great in some Daenerys Targaryen cape and gown but think about it. You’re going to have to buy a bleach blonde wig and shoes and possibly a cute dragon toy for a cute touch. So why not create a costume with items that you already have? Here are some creative makeup looks that you can try and can pair with pretty much any outfit in your closet! The makeup will be your statement and you’ll be sure to turn heads.

Skeleton

Harley Quinn

Scare Crow

Sugar Skull

Zombie

Pop Art Character

Snapchat Filter

Post Malone

Optical Illusion

Now that you’ve gotten a few ideas, head to Pinterest or Youtube (to find an easy tutorial. Create art on your face and have a happy Halloween!

Hello! My name is Maggie and I am currently pursuing a degree in English with a concentration in journalism and a minor in communication at ODU. I write about my interests of beauty, music, fashion, and life advice. My uncle once said, "It's not illegal until you get caught," and I think those are words to live by. Follow me on Instagram @gisforglitter