Eight Fun Things To Do In Norfolk & Surrounding Areas This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

Fall is nearly upon us so now is the perfect time to start filling your planner with fun and spooky festivities for the chilly months ahead. Whether you are into the creepier side of things or enjoy spending time at a pumpkin patch, Norfolk has plenty of fall oriented events to attend!

1. Spend The Night At Spooky Acres Haunted House

This Norfolk haunt has been spooking participants for 23 years! Tickets cost $15.00 per person and all proceeds will be donated to a charity of their choosing. Don’t worry, they will make sure you get your money’s worth in scares. They will begin terrifying haunt goers in early October.  

Source: Spooky Acres

2. Try One Of The Starbucks Fall Flavors

You can find a convenient Starbucks location almost anywhere these days, so why not stop by and try one of their popular fall flavors? Of course, you could settle for the basic Pumpkin Spice Latte or opt for their Salted Caramel Mocha Frappe. Not a coffee kind of gal? Try their Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte! Nothings says cozy like a fall themed cup of joe.

Source: Starbucks

3. Spend The Day At  Hunt Club Farm

By day, this is the perfect place to go searching for that carveable pumpkin but by night, this Virginia Beach location transforms into a spooky Halloween festival. With a petting farm and rows beyond rows of plump pumpkins, Hunt Club Farm has something for everyone! Fall Harvest Fair begins at the end of September and tickets for the haunt cost $29.00.

Source: Hunt Club Farm

4. Go To Busch Gardens For Howl-O-Scream

This is a classic Halloween location if you’re willing to make the commute to Williamsburg. This year, Busch Gardens will be celebrating 20 years of terror so enter if you dare. If you are a fan of amusement parks and haunted houses, then this is the event for you! Howl-O-Scream begins September 15th with ticket costs averaging around $70.00.

Source: Busch Gardens

5. Pick A Pumpkin At Hickory Ridge Farm

This family owned farm is the cutest place to visit if you’re looking for a pumpkin or a hayride. This location is kid friendly and offers face painting, a corn maze, and delicious fall treats. Definitely check this place out and grab yourself some apple cider or a few cider donuts!

Source: Hickory Ridge Farm

6. Take A Walk Through Nightmare Mansion

For over 20 years Nightmare Mansion has made it’s victims walk, run, and crawl through its narrow halls in an attempt to escape. This “adult only” haunt is based in Virginia Beach and only costs $11.00 to get through.

Source: Nightmare Mansion

7. Stop By Spirit Halloween

If you’re in need of a spook-tacular Halloween costume, check out Norfolk’s Spirit Halloween location! They are your go-to place for all of your creepy needs. They have everything from face paint, to props, to eerie electronics, and every costume you could possibly think of.

Source: Spirit Halloween

8. Visit Great Bridge Pumpkin Patch And Terror Woods

This is not your ordinary pumpkin patch! With plenty of activities for kids including a variety of bounce houses and of course, a pumpkin patch; this Chesapeake location is also home to Terror Woods – a very popular haunted trail attraction. Scaring begins October 19th for $15.00 a ticket.

Source: Great Bridge Pumpkin Patch

Norfolk and its surrounding cities certainly know how to spook and entertain this season! Be sure to check out a few of these great events and make plenty of memories before our favorite season comes to an end.