This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

One of the things that I love about going to ODU is the selection of local food. It’s always good to get off campus for a bit and get a solid bite to eat. These are some of the best restaurant selections around campus.

Perfectly Frank

(Via PhotoPin)

An ODU trademark, Perfectly Frank is located on Monarch Way. Their menu is perfectly priced for college students and it’s some of the best food that can be found around campus. Featuring burgers, dogs, and wings, the large menu has something for everyone. Personally, one of my favorite spots, no student can be disappointed with Perfectly Frank.

Handsome Biscuit

(Via PhotoPin)

The best place for any biscuit lover, Handsome Biscuit just recently opened up their second location on Monarch Way. Right on campus, this is a great place to fulfill any comfort food needs. Featuring the “Hella Fitzgerald,” a biscuit with fried chicken, cheese, and sausage gravy, this is a must. Fair prices, good food, right on campus… What more do you need?

Grilled Cheese Bistro

(Via Photopin)

Any lover of grilled cheese should make their way down to visit The Grilled Cheese Bistro. It was recently announced that the restaurant would be featured on the series “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.” Though more pricey than the Handsome Biscuit or Perfectly Frank, the grilled cheese sandwiches can’t be beaten. If you make a stop, be sure to try The Islander which includes pork belly, pineapple sriracha cilantro jam, Thai basil, cucumber, and cheddar.

The Dirty Buffalo

(Via PhotoPin)

Easily the best wings that Norfolk has to offer, The Dirty Buffalo is one of my favorite restaurants in Norfolk. Featuring a large range of rubs and sauces and decent prices, this is the best place to get together and have drinks and wings with friends. The Dirty Chick is a favorite and is chicken strips sitting on top of a layer of mac and cheese with a layer of potatoes underneath. A fun atmosphere and great food, you will not be disappointed. 

Kelly’s Tavern

(Via PhotoPin)

With multiple locations, this is still a Hampton Roads staple. Located on Colley, Kelly’s features some of the biggest burgers you’ll ever eat. Another place good for drinks and friends, it’s one of the best places to get a great burger. They’ve also have had the best burger in Hampton Roads for the past 17 years. A must for anyone who likes tavern food, it’s a solid choice for anyone looking for a laid-back restaurant.​​

This clearly doesn’t touch every single local restaurant by ODU. All of these are good options with a variety of menu items and all can fit the financial need of any college student. Happy munching, Monarchs!   

Hello! My name is Lindsey Lanham. I go to Old Dominion Univeristy in Norfolk VA, and am currently majoring in journalism with a minor in communication. I am the marketing director for the ODU chapter. I hope to shine light on the local art and artists in Norfolk.