This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! That’s right, spring exams are rolling in, and you better be prepared. Before you start Googling different ways to make money without a degree, take a moment to breathe and consider utilizing some of these tips for success!

1. Make A Study Schedule (and stick to it)

My advice is not to wait and start cramming in a semester’s worth of material the weekend before finals start. This is only going to stress you out and make you hate yourself for procrastinating. Ideally, you should start reviewing at least two weeks before your exams. No, this doesn’t mean that your new home is the campus library. Just schedule some time throughout the week to review each chapter and work on practice problems. Maybe spend around an hour or two each day going through study guides to refresh your memory.

2. Study In 15 – 20 Minute Intervals

Make yourself completely focus for 15 – 20 minutes, and then feel free to take a bathroom break or check your phone. Trying to memorize or study a ton of information all at once is unrealistic and can cause you to zone out and feel tired. This method has been proven to work, and you won’t feel tempted to skim over information just to check out an Insta post.

Source: GIPHY

3. Actually Go To A Study Group

When I say study group, I don’t mean meet up with your pals and gossip in the library. Go to an organized study group made up of people that are familiar with the material and can help you with anything you’re struggling with. Reach out to your peers or look for a tutor if you would rather work one – on – one.

Source: GIPHY

4. Mix Up Your Study Location

Spending eight hours in the library may not work for everyone. If you’re someone that is easily distracted or gets anxious after sitting for a while, try mixing up your study spots. Spend an hour or two at the library and then move to a quiet cafe. I wouldn’t advise studying in your room if you think you’ll be tempted to nap!

Source: GIPHY

5. Talk To Your Professors

If you are really worried about your final and want to make sure that you are covering the right material, make an appointment to talk to your professor. Of course they aren’t going to reveal the questions to you by slipping them a $20, but they may guide you in the right direction or at least give you some peace of mind.

Source: GIPHY

Finals are intimidating, but don’t psych yourself out! Just remember to breathe, study and hit up Starbucks every now and then. Just think, summer is only a few months away!