This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

The weather is cold, the sky is gloomy. Your bed and blankets seem inviting. A movie night with some popcorn sounds ideal. We’ve got you covered with what to watch before midterms season. Find some of our favorite shows on Netflix this month here:

Bridgerton

Imagine Gossip Girl but in the 19th century. If you love scandals, love, ambition, heartbreak, and hope, this show is for you. Based on the novel series by Julia Quinn, Bridgerton is set in London’s high society where young girls are presented with the task of finding a suitor. Like Gossip Girl, a mysterious woman, “Lady Whistledown” writes a column packed with gossip, potential couple pairings and much more. Filled with drama and love, this show is worth a binge. 

Grand Army

The Grand Army features a generation that is raging, infuriating and rising. The show is a clear competition to HBO’s Euphoria. It also deals with an array of topics that need to be spoken about: bomb threats, racial inequalities in schools, sexuality, assault, Green Card marriages. There’s a lot going on with each character, so hang on tight to keep up with their stories. 

Lupin

We all love Money Heist. Going beyond borders can help find some of the best shows. Lupin is a retelling of the classic French story about the infamous thief and mastermind of disguise, Arsène Lupin. The mystery thriller follows the life of immigrant son, Assane Diop, whose father was wrongly framed for the theft of a diamond necklace. After reading the book on Arsène Lupin his father gifted him, he is inspired to seek revenge on the family that framed his father. With charisma, disguise and planning he exposes the family. A mystery thriller, the show is hard to stop watching.

The Great British Baking Show 

Millions of people watched the premier of the last season in the UK and it continues to make history in the UK. The Great British Baking Show features twelve amateur bakers who compete against each other to win the prized title of the Greatest British Baker. I’m no professional baker but each episode is wholesome and makes me want to be the next Martha Stewart. The show filmed the latest season in line with COVID-19 restrictions so you’ve got enough seasons to binge watch. It’s an event you don’t want to miss. 

What have you been watching this month? We’d love to hear Netflix recommendations from you or share your thoughts on any of these shows!

Manika is a sophomore majoring in Media, Culture and Communication and minoring in the Business of Media at NYU. While her heart lies in the sand dunes of Dubai, she couldn’t be any happier to live in the city that never sleeps, New York City. Manika has the biggest sweet tooth that always welcomes desserts so if she’s not found chasing pretty pink sunset skies, she can be found digging into desserts! When she isn’t found doing either of these, she’s definitely snuggled up in bed rewatching Friends for the millionth time! Reach out to her on instagram for comments, suggestions or simply say hi @manikaa.p
Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief @ HerCampus NYU For comments, suggestions and queries, contact at zh1402@nyu.edu