Victoria’s Secret $10 Million Bra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Earlier this month, Victoria’s Secret unveiled their 2013 Fantasy Bra at their Herald Square location in Manhattan. The $10 million dollar creation was featured in a glass display case on the store’s first floor.

This year’s Royal Fantasy Bra , a two piece set, showcases diamonds, rubies, and yellow sapphires all set in 18 karat gold; the whole thing was molded to fit Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel. The lingerie set includes the golden brassiere as well as a matching jewel encrusted belt as well as two body guards to insure the pieces’ wellbeing at all times. Candice’s bra was the third most expensive in Fantasy Bra history, rivaled by Gisele Bundchen’s $12.5 million Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra of 2005, both Heidi Klum’s $12.5 million Heavenly Star Bra of 2001 and $11 million Very Sexy Fantasy Bra of 2003, and tied with Karolina Kurkova’s bra made in 2002.

Model Candice Swanepoel, adorned in a red, strapless dress, appeared at the store for press from 5 PM to 6 PM and immediately after, posed for pictures until 7 PM. Swanepoel’s fans formed a line that zigzagged through the store and ended up out of the front door and down the street, stopping at the intersection of 6th Avenue and 33rd Street. The line was open to all, but for those who made a purchase of $75 or more that night, they were given priority in the line and escorted to the front (upon the presentation of a valid receipt). Those who weren’t in line were offered makeup and hair demonstrations by VS employees.

Candice is expected to be wearing the Fantasy Bra during the next Victoria Secret fashion show which airs at 10 PM EST on Tuesday December 10 on CBS.

Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.