burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Top 5 Spring Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

In spite of misleading cold temperatures, spring has sprung here in New York City! As picnics are held and bikes are ridden, new styles have come into play. From animal prints to neon colors, the 80s may be upon us once again. Check out this season’s top five fashion trends below!

1. Animal Prints

It’s cheetahlicious! Animal prints ranging from leopard to zebra have taken shape in skirts, tops, and even accessories.

Skirt: Normani Bias Printed Skirt- Free People- $98

2. Neon Colors

Neon green… the last time we saw that color was a middle-school spirit day, right? Well, you can find a neon green piece in almost every store this spring. Frequent pieces seen thus far are bandeau and crop top pieces.

Top: It’s Line Time Ribbed Bandeau Bodysuit- NastyGal- $24

3. Hair Clips

Keep your hair out of your face, but make it fashion. Hiding barrettes and hair clips is now a thing of the past, as stores are starting to carry hair clips meant to be seen!

Clips: ASOS DESIGN Pack of 4 Long Hair Clips in Tiger Print- ASOS- $9.5

4. Groovy Shades

Trends manifest themselves in both clothing and, arguably more importantly, accessories! Add a pair of fun shades to any look — from those with tinted lenses to those with cat-eye frames — to give it a 70s/80s aesthetic.

Sunglasses: Coco Cat-Eye Sunglasses- Urban Outfitters- $16

5. Wooden Purses

All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki… bag? An unprecedented trend to say the least, several online and in-person stores — ranging from ASOS to Urban Outfitters — are advertising their vacation-wear with wooden bags. While they may not withstand May showers, they definitely bring forth a natural accent, quite literally, to any spring look.

Bag: Wood Beaded Shoulder Bag- Urban Outfitters- $29

Image Credits: 0/1/2/3/4/5

Hi! I'm Kate, and I'm a junior at New York University majoring in English.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.