This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Fall is finally here – the season of classic horror movies, spiced apple cider doughnuts, piping hot pumpkin spice lattes, and all things Halloween. As the long nights get colder, there’s nothing better than staying in and cozying to some good music, so here are some playlists that will fit all your needs this October!

1. Vintage Halloween Spooks by Mandy Arnold

For a month that’s all things Halloween, it’s only natural that a Halloween-themed playlist is included. As Arnold describes it, the playlist is “[a] bit o’ spooky jazz, retro Halloween classics, and some good, old fashioned Halloween radio adventures.” It’s the perfect music to listen to while sipping on a PSL, rich with the flavors of fall, and munching on a cider doughnut, crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.

2. Classic Vinyl by 1215474999

“Fall” back to an era of legendary artists. With features like “We Will Rock You” by Queen and “Space Oddity” by David Bowie, this playlist has irresistible beats that are undeniable favorites.

3. STUDY JAMS by Virginia Nguyen

As college students, we know October to be the month of testing, a.k.a. the stressful month of midterms. This playlist balances chill and upbeat tempos, making it the perfect mix to keep your stress level low and your energy level high. Be sure to give the playlist a try when you’re getting ready to tackle those pages upon pages of notes and endless lecture slides.

4. Contemporary Blend by Spotify

With the change in season, you’ll be sure to experience a case of feels, and there’s no better cure than some soft tunes. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the music.

5. HALLOWEEN PLAYLIST 2018 by Filtr US

Halloween isn’t Halloween without a party, and this playlist has all the classics, perfect for a spook-tacular party. With music like the renowned orchestral piece “In the Hall of the Mountain King” by Edvard Grieg or Michael Jackson’s chilling “Thriller,” this playlist is sure to give your party guests goosebumps. Get ready to be spooked!

We hope this roundup inspires you to try out some new playlists this fall to get you into the autumn spirit and hopefully discover some amazing artists. Happy listening!

Image Sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Carol Wu is a freshman in the Liberal Studies Core Program, studying away in Washington, DC. When she's not busy Netflixing, she can be found at Starbucks, sipping on a sweet, sweet, icy Refresher. In the near future, she hopes to give in to her wanderlust cravings and make the world her home.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.