Style

Top 5 Fashion Trends of November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Winter is coming. As the warmth is sucked out of the air, so is the energy and spirit among students. More and more students are falling into the routine of quickly throwing something on and heading out. Break out of this dreariness with some exciting fashion pieces! Here are some of the latest trends to try out this November:

1. Faux Leather Jacket

A leather jacket is a must-have now that the cooler season is settling in. It keeps you warm and in style. It’s the best of both worlds.

2. Glitter / Sparkle

“When life gives you Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day.” – Ella Woodward

With a pop of glitter and sparkle, you can turn your dorm hallway into your runway. From sparkly bomber jackets to embellished sneakers, the age of sparkles has made a comeback since it last manifested in the 80’s.

3. Metallic / High-Gloss

If sparkles aren’t your thing, try the latest metallic or high-gloss style. It’s a futuristic fashion that shines with elegance.

4. Cropped Puffer Jacket

Bundle up with a cropped puffer jacket this November. Puffer jackets have been seriously upgraded since their first design. These new cropped silhouettes give you the same level of comfort without losing any flair. It’s a fashion staple for the winter months that will remain à la mode.

5. Sock boots

Personalities, like Charli XCX, Gigi Hadid, and Kendall Jenner, are making sock boots a staple in celebrity fashion. Sock boots have a silhouette-defining element that adds sophistication to your outfit.

Go wild, and experiment with some of these trends today!

Image Credits: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Carol Wu is a freshman in the Liberal Studies Core Program, studying away in Washington, DC. When she's not busy Netflixing, she can be found at Starbucks, sipping on a sweet, sweet, icy Refresher. In the near future, she hopes to give in to her wanderlust cravings and make the world her home.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.