Tiffany & Co. Opens Blue Box Cafe Where You Can (Literally) Have Breakfast at Tiffany’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

It’s been 56 years since audiences were dazzled by the elegance of Holly Golightly, played by Audrey Hepburn, as she sashayed down Fifth Avenue, draped in her black sleeveless Givenchy dress and pearl strand necklace in the film “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”.

Tiffany & Co. recently opened its first ever restaurant, Blue Box Cafe, on the fourth floor of the company’s flagship store on Fifth Ave. and West 57th street.

Named after Tiffany’s quintessential jewelry packaging, the cafe is filled with familiar splashes of glossy turquoise blue everything– from the walls, to their leather banquettes, plates and plush couches. Customers can, quite literally, have breakfast at Tiffany’s. An ethereal fantasy come true. 

The cafe serves a dainty $29 breakfast set that includes croissant, fruit, and a choice of dishes including truffle eggs, avocado toasts and buttermilk waffles. The eatery also offers a $39 lunch that consists of a starter such as mushroom soup, and a main course such as Fifty-Seventh Street Flatbread and Fifth Avenue Salad. (See the full menu here). 

Lines forming starting 6 a.m.

A few days after its grand opening, at as early as 2 p.m., groups of eager customers were all met with the same unfortunate news.

“I’m sorry,” a restaurant staff employee in a black suit and Tiffany blue tie said. “We are fully booked for the day.”

The bustling cafe was not taking any reservations because they were still making up for the days when lines extended all the way outside the glass doors.

“There was a line around the whole block at 6 a.m., and some people were even here at midnight.” the employee said.

Unhindered Success Despite Proximity to Trump Tower

Neighboring the gorgeous store is Trump Tower, a key spot for mass protests and heated uproars against the administration. About a year ago, Tiffany & Co. said that there was an “adverse effect on traffic in our flagship store” due to the proximity to Trump Tower, later noting the “impact of post-election activities” occurring near the store.

According to the company, same-store sales (which measures how well stores open at least a year are doing) fell 4% in America, which was worse than expected.

The Blue Box Cafe may be the luxury jewelry store’s solution to their ongoing lackluster sales.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s theme was ‘unintentional’ 

Interestingly though, despite these recurring themes surely alluding to the classic 1961 film, a Tiffany & Co. representative said that they never meant to do so.

“Breakfast at Tiffany’s was not intentional,” the representative said. “People are insinuating. We are the Blue Box Cafe.”

The restaurant cafe is open from Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. with the last seating at 5:30 p.m., and on Sunday from 12:00 p.m. and the last seating at 4:30 p.m. 

If you are looking to make a reservation or want more information, click here.  

Image Credits:

Cafe Interior: Tiffany & Co.

Tea Platter: Yelp

Building: Grace Moon 

Grace is currently a senior at New York University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. Although born in California and raised in Dallas, Texas, Grace considers Seoul, South Korea to be her home sweet home. At school, Grace serves as the Editor-In-Chief at Her Campus NYU, President at Freedom for North Korea (an issue very personal to her), and Engagement Director of the Coalition of Minority Journalists. She is currently interning at Turner's Strategic Communications team while serving as a PA at CNN. In her free time, Grace loves to sing jazz, run outside, read the news, go on photography excursions, and get to know people around her-- hence, her passion for conducting Her Campus profiles. She can be reached at: gracemoon@hercampus.com