The Best Places Around NYU to Caffeinate For Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

The end of the semester comes with many telltale signs: pollen in the air, GCal invites clogging our inboxes, discussion posts submitted just minutes before (or after) the deadline. We’re nearing the end of the marathon, though it may take a bit of caffeine to take us across the finish line: finals.

If you’re unsure of where to get your caffeine fix, read on for the best places to caffeinate yourself around NYU this finals season.

Marie Blachère

Located on 6th Ave., Marie Blachère is a French bakery and cafe with ample seating and outlets. The West Village cafe is a quiet space to study since not many people know about it, and it’s just a short distance from campus. I recommend a hot chai and a chocolate croissant!

Think Coffee

Think Coffee on Mercer St. tends to be pretty crowded, but it’s a great spot to get work done if you can snag a spot! They play pretty good music, and there’s tons of seating. There are also outlets beneath most benches and tables to plug in your devices. I recommend their signature Spanish latte: an espresso with textured milk and a touch of condensed milk.

Newsbar

This coffee shop on University Place has tons of options for the coffee lovers among us. There is indoor and outdoor seating, and the service is swift. I recommend the lavender iced latte with oat milk, a creamy and floral beverage you won’t be able to put down.

Madman Espresso / Madman Bakery

Another University Place favorite, Madman Coffee is frequented by many NYU students, and for good reason! The cozy shop has minimal indoor seating but a decently sized outdoor area. At the other end of the block is their sister bakery, Madman Bakery. Grab a bagel and a dirty chai for some study sesh fuel.

Honorable Mentions: On-Campus Options

There are also several on-campus spots to re-caffeinate! These include Starbucks, Peet’s Coffee (Kimmel, 2nd floor), Cafe 181 (Paulson Building, 2nd floor) and Matto (Kaufman Management Center). If you have a meal plan or a few extra dining dollars to spare, these are great options for studying on campus.

Hopefully these cafes can help keep you fueled through study seshes and all-nighters over the next couple weeks. Finals can be rough, but sometimes a fun drink is just the thing to keep you smiling through it. Good luck and stay caffeinated!

Monique Ezeh is a senior at NYU, where she studies politics, journalism, and creative writing. She is a multi-disciplinary writer and researcher, an activist, and a lover of funky earrings. She's also on the social media team for HCNYU! When she's not writing (which is rare), you can usually find Monique baking banana bread, going on long walks, and waiting patiently for Noname's next album.